• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. B

Article: Comedown at CROI: XMRV and CFS at the Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infectio

XMRV and the ego battle There seems to be an ego battle between the two camps. Maybe the stakes are even higher, if a physical reason for this disease is overuled the Insurance companies win. My doctor, Dr Derek Enlander, has a sanguine sane approach. He says Wait . Wait until the smoke clears...
  2. B

new research project funded for CFS

News Dr Derek Enlander of the CFS/ ME Clinic in New York has been awarded a $50,000 research grant to determine the effects of EECP (Enhanced External Cardiac CounterPulsation) on the circulation of patients suffering from CFS/ME. The EECP machine has been installed in the New York Clinic and...