• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Tammy

Comment by 'Tammy' in 'Pray'

Most definitely.
  2. Tammy

Colon issues and Fiber

Recipe for disaster in the long run.
  3. Tammy

Managing the balance between the parasympathetic and the sympathetic nervous systems going into overdrive

It is a possibility that there are now too many supplements given to reduce sympathetic overactivity or maybe the dosage for some should be adjusted especially with the prescription meds. Also, try not to let too much time lapse between getting in some kind of healthy snack for you partner...
  4. Tammy

A Passing of Note

This virus is a frickin beast.
  5. Tammy

My Recovery From CFS (1): First Thing First

Vimergy (No. 1), Pure Encapsulations
  6. Tammy

How to deal with crashing after doing lightning process, Mickel therapy etc?

Yes, that is a situation that can happen but that's not what I'm eluding to. You're describing a situation where the physical can affect the physical. I'm referring to the mental affecting the physical. As Cfs2019 mentioned, he said it felt a bit like a switch in the brain being turned off. I...
  7. Tammy

Yes, it's a relief for sure. So what is your theory on how that sense of relief led to temporary relief of physical symptoms? (Just to be clear I'm not inferring that there isn't a physical root cause of this disease.)
  8. Tammy

@Cfs2019...............I actually find it very interesting that the brief relief of mindset also gave you relief of physical symptoms even if it was a short period of time. This is very telling to me.
  9. Tammy

Could you clarify? You mentioned it was a big relief for you to hear that and you felt great for a short time. Do you mean simply hearing the explanation gave you relief mentally perhaps that you had discovered an important piece of the puzzle and therefore because of that mental relief your...
  10. Tammy

Post Consultation with Dr. Bansal - aciclovir

So even with a prescription from Dr. you aren't able to get it? Sorry if I am misunderstanding something.
  11. Tammy

Horrible reaction to b12 cyanocobalamin

Should you ever decide to try B12 again, I would purchase methylcobalamin with adonsylcobalamin and preferably a liquid. That way you can carefully adjust the dosage.
  12. Tammy

Left side feeling

Unfortunately, these tests really can't determine how much B12 is in your CNS.
  13. Tammy

Which drugs for the central nervous system

Methyl-folate is another good supplement for the CNS. Some people are very sensitive to both B12 and methyl-folate when they start taking it. I had to start with a low dosage of both and work up.
  14. Tammy

Vimergy, Global Healing, Biophoton. I like Vimergy the best but I think it's the most expensive.
  15. Tammy

B12 for one. Methylcobalamin is the preferred form. I like adenosylcobalamin also in the mix.
  16. Tammy

Comment by 'Tammy' in 'Suffering (and not smiling)'

Hope you're staying warm. The last week or so it has been miserably cold, especially with the wind chill (for me anyway ). My body protests the cold. Sending love and hugs your way
  17. Tammy

Doctor visit blues…don’t know what to do

I don't think it's the answer either. Not even close.........and it could cause harm. I think your instincts are right on and you are not failing your son. Also, don't let the Dr. intimidate you if you decide not to follow his suggestion. You are your son's best advocate.............not the...
  18. Tammy

Comment by 'Tammy' in 'Suffering (and not smiling)'

I remember one time a friend telling me to just try and ignore the pain. I looked at him and said if someone was repeatedly stabbing you with something sharp.......do you really think you could just ignore it? Howard, the one thing you are NOT being is a baby and you are not embellishing a...
  19. Tammy

Help finding B12 sources please!

Deficiencies have more to do with how a person's liver is performing. Methylation is part of that process. Eating more fatty meat would just put more workload on the liver. I understand you are all about the meat and that's your journey (and I respect that) but I don't feel it is the answer.
  20. Tammy

Even meat eaters can have a B12 deficiency.
  21. Tammy

Why do I feel worse after resting?

It's a hell of a puzzle to solve isn't it..........this CFS/ME. It's bizarre in so many ways.
  22. Tammy

Worried about my upcoming lumbar puncture. Has anyone had bad experiences? CSF leaks?

I hate it when Dr.'s put on the pressure for us to do something we are not comfortable with. I've never been comfortable with getting an LP and their have been several Neurologists over the years that wanted me to get one. I always just politely told them I wasn't comfortable with the...
  23. Tammy

Comment by 'Tammy' in 'Good morning, January sun ☀️ ✨☀️'

I was doing just that this morning. IN the winter time the sun shines through the living room window where the couch is so I soaked up some rays this morning with a bit of meditation to go along.
  24. Tammy

Comment by 'Tammy' in 'Money, Metal, Marijuana, and Abdominal Cutaneous Nerve Entrapment Syndrome'

Don't know if this would help you or not? There are several other support groups that I belong to and some take California Poppy for pain. Note: Most of them take more than the suggested dose. Of course it's not going to be the same as your prescription pain pill but it might give you some...
  25. Tammy

honestly, you really don't even need to hold the liquid in your mouth before swallowing. I do that at times but mostly I take it in a little bit of liquid or just take directly in mouth without holding it.
  26. Tammy

Not sure what you mean.......bottle did not come protected from light? All the liquid B12's that I have purchased in the past came in an amber colored bottle. From the photos it looks like Biophoton B12 also comes in amber colored bottle.
  27. Tammy

Comment by 'Tammy' in 'Fiya water/my daughter'

This is such good news Sunshine..............validation can mean so much. This is the first step. I can't imagine what a relief this is for you (at least the validation part anyway). Sending very heartfelt hugs to you and your Daughter.