• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

FDA approves new type of sleep drug, Belsomra

I certainly couldn't sleep a wink without the meds!!! I went directly from 15-20 mg. Ambien/night (well, my night is 10-12 hrs sleep) to 20+ mg Belsomra. 10 mg does nothing. Merck wanted 20 mg approved as standard dose, but FDA "next day function test" forced them to suggest 10 mg. I am not...
  2. M

FDA approves new type of sleep drug, Belsomra

My Medicare Part D (Cigna) did the same thing---it was covered but before I got the prescription, it wasn't covered. Cost is $300/mo.....UGH
  3. M

CRITICAL MASS IS NEEDED AGAINST THE IOM CONTRACT!

I do not understand your response. You're saying Suzanne Vernon and CAA (don't know what that is) is agreeing with HHS against the 35 experts. I met her in Santa Barbara in 2005 or 2006 when CFIDS was in town; I found her wonderful---very encouraging, very committed to helping us, very excited...
  4. M

Pain, insomnia and suicidal thoughts

To Misfit Toy, I understand that the onset of old-age aches and pains on top of what we're dealing with is SCARY!!! A big ME advocate just died (Tom Hennessy?); he killed himself after 25 years of suffering. Do I have 25 years in me??? I don't know. I know the person who suggested computer...
  5. M

The ME/CFS Stigma

Only someone who actually is a fellow sufferer could have written this article; thank you, Carol. P.S. If anyone is in Santa Barbara, see Jeff Polito, M.D. (Patterson). It's not that he knows alot, but HE CARES AND HE LISTENS AND HE TRIES AND HE ADVOCATES. He is wonderful.