• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

Sore mouth from B12..i know i read it somewhere

Im using Jarrow 1mg and Enzymatic Therapy 1 mg but I put 3 in my mouth at a time twice a day.
  2. S

Sore mouth from B12..i know i read it somewhere

I know I read it somewhere but I have read so much I cant remember where I read someone else said they get a sore mouth from places they hold the B12. What do you all do about that??? It is not too bad yet but Ive only begun 3 weeks ago and I can tell all the places I move the B12 around on...
  3. S

B12 injection question..

I can not in good conscience put cyanide into my body. The thought blows my mind. :( thanks for the info, guess I cant do injections :(
  4. S

B12 injection question..

So I called the lab and they said the shot I would be getting is the cyno-whater (cant spell) and NOT the methel-whatever and it is 2.4 ml Is this good?
  5. S

B12 injection question..

I think I am going to get a B12 injection and I have read so much here that I cant remember where I read things, but are there certain questions I should ask before I get one? Like a specific kind? Are there different kinds of injections, different ingredients in injections?? Just wondering...
  6. S

New here, B12 test results confusing. Not absorbing?

Thanks Phred! I read it, but to be honest, I am ashamed to say that alot of what I read in this forum is difficult for me to follow. Im so new to this, and a lot of this is very difficult to understand. Most conversations start from a point of view that the reader already understands all the...
  7. S

Anyone with neuropothy from thyroid try B12?

I'm looking for some who has nueropothy from hypothyroid that has tried B12 and had successful results???? Doctor keeps saying my problems are ALL from thyroid. Im not entirely sure that it my only problem but I am trying the B12 in conjuction with thyroid meds to see if my neuropothy will...
  8. S

Celeste, thanks for posting, it always helps to talk to others. Even though each of us are individuals, and every case is different, it helps to talk and compare with others as we travel the journey to better health. So you have high B12 serum and low MMA results like me, very interesting...
  9. S

jarrow- did it change???

oh, thanks, yes, Fredd did post, he said he is no longer able to do the testing on himself anymore as he is too healed and not B12 sensitive anymore. I guess we have to go on trial and error on ourselves. :(
  10. S

Oh, can you tell me what name brand of B12 and how much you take? There is another post about how Jarrow is no longer working for some people. I got the Jarrow and ET based off Fredds suggestion but it appears many think jarrow does not work now.
  11. S

Thank you so much for sharing! So do you believe the thing that healed/helped your neuropothy/numb heel was/is B12? So you and your doctors are not concerned with your high levels of B12 in your blood test? Did you do the active B12 test also? thank you so much! So glad you are doing better!
  12. S

jarrow- did it change???

So, Fredd is the one who tested Jarrow and ET does anyone know what he is saying now?? Or which brand is rated best now????? Does he post here still?? He was so adamant that those 2 were the best that I am just wondering what his opinion is on this now.....?
  13. S

sorry, but Crux you said your heel/neuropothy is getting better....can you tell me how long it took? What you did??? Im sorry to be so nosey, but I would love to hear your whole story.
  14. S

Crux thank you so much for telling me that!!! You are the first person to tell me or that I have read anywhere that has a serum above 3000!!!!!! That number was scaring me since nobody else seemed to have one that high. I even read somewhere else that some of the tests dont go above 2000...
  15. S

Why is potassium supplementation needed in methylation treatmt?

OK great! I take potassium anyway since I am on diuretic for blood pressure, so I didn't wanna get low cuz when i do, I sure feel it in my muscles even before this mess started with me. I do not take folate, I did not have that checked. thanks rich!
  16. S

Rich, do you no or is there somewhere on these forums where someone talks about neuropothy symptoms and thyroid??? You may be correct, it may be from thyroid, however, my symptoms are scary, and seem to be getting worse. Even in the last couple days weird sensations periodically in different...
  17. S

Why is potassium supplementation needed in methylation treatmt?

Do you have to worry about potassium falling drastically with high doses of B12 irregardless of dissease? I mean, if you are taking high doses but not diagnosed with CFS but doing it for neuropothy. My potassium is in "normal" ranges but I am taking 4 of the 1mg B12 Jarrow and Enzymatic...
  18. S

jarrow- did it change???

Wow, after reading how Jarrow and Enzymatic Therapy were the BEST from Fredd so many times, those are the 2 I went and bought, and now I see this post...I have nothing to compare them to, as I am just starting the pills and my journey of what is wrong with me, but I hope they work for me. I take...
  19. S

lol sorry, keep thinking even after I posted, haha!
  20. S

But I am confused, even if the B12 serum is high from me taking the vitamin, the MMA is still low, so wouldnt that still mean low B12?
  21. S

Oh , sorry, you are probably right, the writing was so small that even with my glasses I could barely read it!! I guessed at the spelling on most of it! Well, if what you say is correct that opens up a whole new door that I have not even stepped through, let alone understand. :( Guess I...
  22. S

Rich, if you don't mind, one more question. I have been thinking all day about my high 3000 blood serum and I said I did not take any B12 prior to the test but upon thinking, I did take that cheap walmart B complex and I didnt really consider that a "B12" supplement. However, I did take it...
  23. S

Hmmm...1 step forward 2 steps back. :( I do have a dr but much of this is me going out on my own and then taking what I find back to him. 1. because i care about me more than he does, lol and 2. it is cheaper for me to do the lab tests on my own and take results back to him. Right now my...
  24. S

Should I stop taking the B12???? I dunno what to do about the B12 situation now, since I have too much, 3000 is off the charts, so I guess I should stop taking it. :(
  25. S

oh my. Well I guess I need to read about this ME/CFS more. :( I just keep finding new turns to this, the more I read the more confused it gets, but as I see, the road to any health recovery is long and primarily our own responsability. I can say yes to the burping after baking soda...
  26. S

I guess I didnt really answer the question about supplements right. :/ I have taken alot of supplements off and on so Ill just say what I am on right now: B12 Calcium Potassium Magnsium My potassium was in the normal range on blood test. Also take Braggs ACV with baking soda in water...
  27. S

Thank you for your reply! Yes, I will answer questions and ask a few more, haha! primary hypothyroidism?? Can you explain? I have not gone back to my dr since getting results of thyroid Free T3 and T4 so I have not figured out yet why TSH is so bad yet rest is normal. (i go back in 2 weeks...
  28. S

Hi! I have spent days, hours, weeks, reading here and other places, as many of us do, searching for answers. I am finally ready to post, in hopes of getting some opinions from some of you. To make a long story short, I have neuropothy symptoms in my feet, burning toes and tingle, that is...