• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. K

I'm Walking Across Michigan.

Thank you all for the feedback. Though I am impressed and encouraged by the passion of your responses, nothing that has been said here has really swayed me significantly. I've made the decision to keep going with the walk. I have no intention to argue with any of you. I believe there is some...
  2. K

Yes, thank you. I may respond further later.
  3. K

Wow. Just wow. I may respond to some of your posts later, but not now, now I'll just try to determine what might produce productive interaction. For now I'm merely going to post my Mission Statement: Hi, my name is Koerner Gray Buchta, and I’m 20 years old. For the last eight years of my life...
  4. K

I would like to understand the context of your statement more, adreno. Do you count yourself among the "chronically disabled who never gets [sic] better?" Your post has been helpful to me in considering how I am going to frame the narrative of my experience with CFS to the media, and has given...
  5. K

Your post appears to be gone, but I read it in my email. I have had CFS for eight years; I know my body. Those eight years have taught me when I am doing too much, and I am very willing to listen to myself (over anyone else, really). I reserve the right to begin this walk and quit after 24...
  6. K

To Enid, m1she11e, SpecialK82, and dmbaken: I would like to thank you all in particular for your support, but more than that, I'd like to thank you for your optimism - something I haven't seen all that much of in my interactions on this forum. I've received a few discouraging responses/reactions...
  7. K

Thanks for your reply, sorry it's taken so long for me to get back to you. I'm definitely interested in your story - the fact that you went to school anyway is inspiring and would be a good story for people to read. Please "Start a Conversation" with me with a little more info!
  8. K

Small world. You spelled handsome wrong. I appreciate the feedback, these are legitimate concerns. Obviously in the waiting room, my intent was to scout out personal stories for my site, not to fully go into the walk and my reasons for it. I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'a useful story...
  9. K

Thanks Wayne, I can understand your concern. I'm very thankful that I've gotten to the point I have physically. To be fair, I will be walking 3-5 miles a day, and expect the walk to take me over a month. I do sort of worry that I'm putting too much on my plate, but I would rather try and fail...
  10. K

Thank you all for your responses. After doing more research online and talking to certain people, I feel more comfortable with working with the CAA. I hope to have a website up soon. In the meantime, I thought maybe I could send a copy of my Mission Statement to some of you who've replied to...
  11. K

Gathering Anecdotes

Hi, I am going to be walking across the state of Michigan to raise money for the research fund of the CFIDS Association of America (I've posted in a few other places about this). I’m going to be setting up a web site soon, and would like to set up a page on that site with a few personal stories...
  12. K

That's insulting to me. Please don't feel a need to apologize. I have had CFS for 8 years (I'm 20), missed 2 years of high school because I was bed-ridden. It has derailed my life in a way I'm sure you can relate to. I am better now, though it still affects me. I'm choosing to walk across...
  13. K

What are you referring to with this "matching donations" thing? I'm not clear on what you're saying exactly. I have also heard of the Mt. Sinai CFS Initiative, can't find anyway to donate online to it, nor is there any specific page that i've found for it. I found his office number online and...
  14. K

Hello, my name is Koerner, and I am going to walk across the state of Michigan. I am going to do this because I have had ME/CFS for 8 years, and I would like to raise awareness of and research money for this disease. I plan on funneling donations to the CFIDS Association of America. I know (i.e...