• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. N

Petition AYME to Denounce PACE and SMILE

People are free to air their serious concerns when a charity promotes potentially damaging treatment to children and young people. Research results that are pure spin, empowering to young people???? What a twisted take you have on things
  2. N

Petition AYME to Denounce PACE and SMILE

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/485/900/462/ care2 petitionsite Association of Young People with ME (AYME) - Denounce PACE and SMILE * signatures: 20 * signature goal: 500 * Target: The Association of Young People with ME (AYME) * Sponsored by: Action Now This...
  3. N

Help for Justine Roach, severe ME sufferer

Good news regarding Justine: Someone from IiME has now visted her &has permission to speak to the nurse in charge of her care on her behalf (she wasn't there during the visit). The nurse the IiME representative did speak to actively requested information on ME. Let's hope things will start...
  4. N

Starting Raltegravir

Hope it goes well Jimbob, you re brave to give it a go!!
  5. N

Energy saving tips for the moderately severe patient

www.sportseat.com I ve had one of these for years now, someone gave it to me and i use it all the time in the kitchen as well as going out. Unfortunately you can only get them in the U.S I think, but there are many other similar brands around.
  6. N

Comment by 'Noro' in 'hiding'

Hi Maria, it is what it is and when you re worn out you need a good rest and not to be worried about fighting anything. We have to let things lie then, no matter how frustrating that is. And things move on as well, without us having to put mental energy into analysing them, which can be...
  7. N

Comment by 'Noro' in 'Nothing at all to do with illness.'

Cool Knackered, where on earth did u find it?!
  8. N

Comment by 'Noro' in 'Beached whales, dental hygiene and wabbling'

Ha ha!!! Thats it!! Shes Tennesee s no 1 lie-down comedian!!! Keep 'em comming Maria! Both the serious and the entertaining.
  9. N

A Doctor's Wake-Up Call on "Awareness" Day

Dr Yes, so sorry that you are having such an awful time of it. lots of love, hope it all works out soon
  10. N

Comment by 'Noro' in 'Wishing for a never ending rest.'

I m so sorry that you feel so bad. At least you know that its partly the hormones doing what they do. It sounds like you have so much going on emotionally and thats quite a combination. I wish that there was something I could say to help. Take care of yourself. It will pass
  11. N

Chest rash associated with monthy cycle

lululower & Athene, as well as what ukxmrv said above, try to keep the area dry, especially after a shower, from sweat etc as that will help.
  12. N

Chest rash associated with monthy cycle

when you day the last few days of yr cycle, do you mean as part of pmt? I ve had various skin probs, they seem to be part and parcel of m.e. It often gets worse then, but nothing as specific as you are describing
  13. N

Hungry all the time

You can be pre diabetic, or have something they call syndrome x. Its all to do with blood sugar and insulin and how it controls your appetite. The nutritionist Patrick Holford is a good source of info on this patrickholford.com i think. He wrote a book, the holford diet, on this sort of issue.
  14. N

Xmrv the puppet master and the master switch>

Hmmmm...i have m.e. but low cholestrol, and was under the impression that people w m.e. had a tendency to have low rather than high, cos i've met others w the same.... ??
  15. N

Early Warning Signs

I used to have some strange gland/throat problem as a child, I seem to remember that it used to kick off around this time of year, with an annoying cough. Then as a teenager I developed a tendency to faint, later I was told I had slightly low blood pressure. Kind of similar.
  16. N

Comment by 'Noro' in 'Eckhart tolle has given me the ladder out of hell.'

Thanks for reminding me of this, I ve started to read it again. I do find him amazingly helpful. There is another book that you might be interested in. Its called the mandala of being by richard moss. You can listen to him at www.richardmoss.com. He is another teacher, in a similar vein to E...
  17. N

Gulf War Syndrome real, Institute of Medicine concludes

When I first had m.e, about 13 years ago now, I met someone else who had had it for some years and was almost "recovered" at that point. She had been a patient of Prof Brostoff in London and he used these brain scans. She had the very same story, her scan showed dramatically different blood...
  18. N

Ear Infection

grapefruit seed extract for ear infection Hi have you heard of Citricidal? It is grapefruit seed extract and I believe you can get an ear formula in the US ready made up. I use it for several things, eg disinfecting, warding off bugs, havent used it for ears so cant tell you how effective it...