• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. N

B-12 - The Hidden Story

I use the 100mg tablets and cut them in half to get 50mg but next order, I'm going to get the 300mg tabs and cut into thirds to increase my daily dose to 100mg. NOW B12 seems a little different from the other sublinguals. I don't know how well it will get absorbed and I personally would...
  2. N

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Have you been tested for Hashimoto's thyroiditis? I brought my antibodies right down using selenium (200mcg twice daily). Once you bring your antibodies under control, you can supplement tyrosine and this will help produce more of the active thyroid hormone (T3) [Selenium is also required to...
  3. N

B-12 - The Hidden Story

The "protocol" is about the use of ACTIVE (i.e. methyl) forms of folate and B12 and not so much the brand, which is more a personal preference of Fred's. Personally, I have found Source Naturals adB12 to be best. You can easily split the tablets down to 1/8th (giving you around 1000mcg dose)...
  4. N

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hi Daniele, I agree with what howirecovered has said. The only thing I would watch out for is the adB12. Whenever I take it, even in small doses, it makes me very aggressive in terms of mood (I don't actually do anything aggressive but more anger outbursts and easily angered etc). I would...
  5. N

B-12 - The Hidden Story

@ Daniele Sorry, I don't know where Freddd's latest protocol is posted but if you look at my case, the Jarrow brand he recommends does nothing for me. I think you just have to choose a product and try it out. I would recommend Solgar MeB12 (1mg and 5mg) Source Naturals AdB12 (8mg/tab...very...
  6. N

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Yes, I think I'll add in 2mg AdB12. It's now been over 2 months of the active B12 protocol and even with the addition of Lithium Orotate, I don't feel any better :( One thing to note is recently I changed to Jarrow 5mg MeB12 cos I wanted to finish off the bottle and over the last few days...
  7. N

Metabolic Maintenance 10mg 5-MTHF Quatrefolic - Startup Issues

Depression, anxiety, bed-ridden fatigue, felt totally "wiped out"...zero drive to do anything.
  8. N

Metabolic Maintenance 10mg 5-MTHF Quatrefolic - Startup Issues

That's odd. When I took the full 10mg capsule, I felt horrible! I had to back down to 5mg and currently, I'm taking 3.3mg (I split one MM Quatrefolic cap into 3 caps).
  9. N

B-12 - The Hidden Story

When I first started the Solgar MeB12, I felt much more physical fatigue/fibromyalgia, total lack of drive, tinnitus increased, anxiety etc etc. None of the other MeB12's have had this effect. With ongoing use, these symptoms have come back to baseline but unfortunately, I can't say I feel...
  10. N

B-12 - The Hidden Story

I have found the Solgar methylcobalamin to be the most effective. I got no start-up responses from other brands but did with Solgar. I have trusted Solgar for a long time and they haven't let me down with the meB12 either. As of 3 days ago, I have added in 5mg Lithium Orotate and will up to...
  11. N

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hi Kerch, I'm sure Fred will be along shortly but as "howirecovered" has stated, I would use the Source Naturals dibencozide instead of the anabol brand. In terms of methylB12, I have found the Solgar brand to be most effective. I got "start-up" responses from this brand where I didn't get...
  12. N

B-12 - The Hidden Story

I thought I would transition my thread over to this one (http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/started-freddd-protocol-about-a-week-ago.23834/) This is my current regimen: - Before my shower in the morning I take 2.5mg Quatrefolic methylfolate (I got the 10mg caps but split each...
  13. N

Started Freddd Protocol about a week ago...

I think it might be best for me to post on the mega "B-12 - The Hidden Story" thread. I have an interesting update with the Mefolate, MeB12/AdB12 protocol which I think fits Fred's "start up responses".
  14. N

Thanks, I had no idea about the absorption issues. Ive changed my schedule to ensure there is no clash especially given my potassium is slow release. Also, with the different methylfolates, I don't believe they are saying one is more potent than the other. They are indicating how much actual...
  15. N

SNPs for Dihydrofolate Reductase (DHFR)

Do you think the other component of green tea, L-theanine, can inhibit DHFR? I ask because someone I know who has problems with methylation cycle reacted badly to L-theanine when we thought it would have helped to calm the CNS down.
  16. N

which is the best methylation panel test ??

23andme.com will run a comprehensive genetics test and you can use geneticgenie.com to extract the methylation panel data from the 23andme data file. It's very simple to do but at the end of the day, I always believe that genetics are just a possibility and a couple of my friends who have bad...
  17. N

which is the best methylation panel test ??

Ive attached my results from the methylation panel. It was an eye opener for me because working with just the methylation genetics testing is like working with your eyes closed!!
  18. N

What would be the practical difference between qBH2 and BH2 for an individual wanting to increase BH4 and monoamine neurotransmitter levels? Or is it just two pathways achieving the same result?
  19. N

B2 I love you!

I don't prefer B-right because it only has half of the B-complex as conenzyme and the remaining are not.
  20. N

B2 I love you!

I can't see any co-enzymate B-complex with just methylfolate and no folic acid. I am limited to iherb as I am in Australia but out of curiosity, does such a co-enzyme B-complex exist?
  21. N

That does provide me with more clarity but it raises a major question at the same time... I had referred to the neuro-research that led to the development of active L-methylfolate (Deplin). The question is if DHPR is not involved in BH4 recycling, how does giving mass doses of methylfolate...
  22. N

I am in Sydney, Australia. It's winter/raining here at the moment. Oh, I wasn't trying to say people shouldn't attempt things that may help their situation. I was only speaking on behalf of myself where I have tried many protocols and regimens and haven't improved and for me, I am hoping that...
  23. N

I have noticed it doesn't really matter if the air is dry or not. Yesterday was cold and high humidity and it still set my allergies off. I didn't have allergies a few years ago, it all developed when I was exposed to some construction work that was happening in my work place. With my...
  24. N

Thanks for the further information. I'm a bit confused though as to the significance for PWC's because the pathway normally discussed involves 5MTHF which catalyses the BH2 to BH4 reaction via DHPR. Perhaps it is more consequential for PWC's who have very elevated peroxynitrite and hence very...
  25. N

Here is a little update: - When I first started methlfolate last week, slightly better concentration and I felt a bit happier/brighter and not as fatigued/lethargic (which IME is a pure nervous system cause and not muscular because if I really push through my "fatigue", I can actually do a bit...
  26. N

B2 I love you!

I have read through a lot of this mega thread and it confuses me to think that for PWC's, the supporting B-vitamins can't be gotten in sufficient quantities from a product like this: http://www.iherb.com/Country-Life-Gluten-Free-Coenzyme-B-Complex-Advanced-120-Veggie-Caps/49068 I see this...
  27. N

Where to start?

Could you please elaborate on what you attempted and what the Doctor did which is working for you? I think many people may benefit from your experience.
  28. N

shaking while asleep - please help!

I used to have a lot of "shaken out of sleep" episodes but for whatever reason, they stopped several months ago and now it's fairly rare. Another thing that used to happen to me, which was the worst feeling ever, is where I would be awake and paralysed. I could hear what was going on around me...
  29. N

BHMT, Transsulfuration, and Methionine Synthase Pathway

My communication with Rich and Prof. Richard Lord (Chief Science Officer at Metametrix) both confirmed DMG is an inhibitor to the BHMT pathway. I know Yasko actively uses this pathway in her protocol whereby she first stimulates it with TMG to increase SAMe levels and then uses DMG to inhibit...
  30. N

In the past, I was on 400mg ubiquinol (the reduced form) and surprisingly, it didn't help me at all. My nutritional profile showed CoQ10 levels were actually OK which surprised Rich but as we went through our analysis, it dawned on me that since the Krebs cycle was in such a low state of...