• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. I

LifeWise or Regence BCBS?

Nice to meet you too WillowJ. :) Both Regence and LifeWise pay what they say they will - in general. Keep in mind that if they say they pay 25% - the appropriate follow up question is "of what"? What is the 25% based on? I can tell you it is based on their negotiated rate. And both LifeWise...
  2. I

While there are a lot of problems with original Medicare, it is the only health insurer in the country that at least tries to base reimbursement on the actual cost of care. I could go on for months about what the insurance industry has actually done to make health costs in the US 3-4 times what...
  3. I

Actually that is not correct. Lifewise is a wholly owned subsidiary of Premera BlueCross, not Regence BlueShield. Both Premera and Regence are independent licensees of the BlueCross BlueShield Association. In WA state, the two "blue" plans compete with each other. I've worked for both...