• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

Dr. Holtorf Queries ME/CFS Community: How are Antiretroviral Treatments Working?

I'm new to all this so I hope I'm in the right place Cort.. I wanted to tell Dr Kent Holtorf that I had two lyme bands come back positive on Western Blot 4 times..The same bands.. After much research, my Infecious Disease Doctor and my Immunologist believe that having Epstein Barr virus CAN...
  2. S

Article: Dr. Mikovits and Dr. Racaniello on XMRV

Very interesting.. I hope they find out if the XMRV is the cause fairly soon. I've had CFIDS for 42 "fr......" years.. Long, hard sruggle.. I'm 70 now. Would like to feel normal if even for a couple of years before I bite the bullet! Man would I have a Bucket list like you've never seen!! Thanks...
  3. S

Article: XMRV and CFS - Check, Check, Check?

I'm not a trained virology person but I've had CFIDS for over 40 years.. long suffering but I've made the best of it.. It seems to me that the studies that came up with no XMRV where useing PCR blood scanning. XMRV is not frequent in the blood.. I believe that it is the antibodies that show a...