• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. I

Can computer use make symptoms worse?

Ivy, 'allo theatre supply store, those that supply allsorts for film and theatre productions, I used to use Brodie and Middleton near Covent Garden in London for scene painter's stuff. The coloured plastic film used to be called gels used in front of studio and theatre lights, there were...
  2. I

Ivana, it is possible to get thin films / plastic sheet in neutral density and filter colours which could tone down the screen. Theatre suppliers used to sell for lighting purposes, if not then in perspex.
  3. I

Electonics plastics have been cited as giving off Organo-phosphate fumes upon warming, I suspect included to stop any creepy crawlies nesting or walking , so ventilation would be wise. As to stress and confusion as a new computer user, to begin with I found it to be a form fillers nightmare, so...
  4. I

The shot gun approach- mitochondrial/ methylation/ antoxidants

I am surprised no one mentioned Ginko Biloba, but from the trade marks you are mentioning I would guess Australian, Ginko was recommended in UK a few years ago also for Alzheimers, I have found Ginko to be helpful, not a cure and not dramatic , it seems to reduce the sudden stand up and nearly...
  5. I

Prescription Drugs Use in ME/CFS.

I can believe people in the States might be sicker, rates of Type2 Diabetes there have preceded those in Europe, they had children sufferers when it was at teenage level here, also similar pattern with obesity. I also suspect food in the States to be heavier treated with Pesticides than in...
  6. I

My own experiences with the "paranormal"

Hio Silverblade, you ain't alone in UFO sighting, if human from the way it flew and then went up at right angle a human would have been a squashed bug inside. Also regarding premonitions and certainties shall converse later. As to what you describe in certain places holding a fear, me too have...
  7. I

Exercise does not help Depression, CBT/GET for ME is *DEAD!*

Dear Alex, 3619. regarding cognitive behaviour I feel the Doctors should take a look at how McEvedy and Beard arrived at the Royal Free Hospital, did not discommode the nurses who had been diagnosed as definitely ill. Upon finding anxiety among the remaining Nurses, declared it to be...
  8. I

Exercise does not help Depression, CBT/GET for ME is *DEAD!*

Dear Silverblade, Monsanto are planning to reintroduce 2,4-D to the Maize fields because the weeds have adapted to Roundup and they have developed a Maize tolerant of 2,4-D. I wonder how long it will take them to develop a human tolerant of 2,4-D...
  9. I

Dr. Hain on OI / Orthostatic Hypotension

I have had bouts of this, usually after exertion, on standing up, have to hold on till body catches up. I understood it to be a 'normal', (if any M.E. symptoms can be regarded as such) also have low blood pressure, which seems to run in the family. Since ensuring my Vitamin D intake at about...