• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. G

Dr. Paul Donohue at it again

This is urgent and very important. Dr. Paul Donohue has a syndicated health column across the country and on March 27, 2011, had a Q&A about CFS from a 79 year old woman with CFS. He rambled on and on about how "exercise is key to recovery" and even weight-lifting (WTF). His answers seemed to...
  2. G

Need advice and thoughts on some symptoms I'm having

thank you all so much for your replies. it's nice to have some validation on what exactly CFS is to different sufferers. i've had panic attacks since age 20 (hmmm...interesting because that is around the same time my health went haywire). If i drink coffee i can get one after another...but...
  3. G

Need advice and thoughts on some symptoms I'm having

Hi all- I should be posting on this board everyday because I am basically bed-bound and have been for a while. Sometimes, though, I feel just too sick to even turn on my laptop. I have a "CFS" doctor here in northern CA who consults with Cheney, WPI, etc., but even he often makes me feel as...