• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. wingfingers

Dr Mikovits excellent reply to Science Journal Request for Retraction of XMRV paper

Publishing an "expression of concern" by "Science" has simply thrown egg all over its own face. The original paper by Lombardi et al was very carefully vetted by Science, who insisted on extra work to prove lack of contamination. No fraud was involved. So WHY the request for retraction? We have...
  2. wingfingers

Dr Mikovits excellent reply to Science Journal Request for Retraction of XMRV paper

As a "scientist" (retired vet) and keen to study all microbes, I have grown Mycoplasma in the lab and wrote my Masters thesis on the subject. The WPI studies on XMRV appear to be genuine with no fraud. So why all the negativity? There are obviously many anti-XMRV vested interests involved to...
  3. wingfingers

Article: A Hitch in its Step: PACE Trial Indicates CBT/GET No Cure For CFS, 60% of Patients Show No

Thanx, Bob. Forced exercise (GET) is another way to finish off some patients - those with myocardial (heart) failure due to ME. See this link to a short soundbite by Dr Paul Cheney on YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rStN9Vecl9M&feature=youtube_gdata_playerayer
  4. wingfingers

Article: A Hitch in its Step: PACE Trial Indicates CBT/GET No Cure For CFS, 60% of Patients Show No

Never mind the poor results and the spin - the researchers got what they wanted, the pre-ordained result that CBT and GET were the best available current treatments for "ME/CFS" patients. This was necessary so that N.I.C.E. didn't have to rewrite their Clinical Guidelines for Doctors. And...
  5. wingfingers

News from WPI symposium: Name change to be proposed for XMRV

New name not necessary - we already have a good one. "Because of all of this, and because of the desire to begin on the right track, the new name of the virus is HGRV- Human Gamma Retro Virus. The illness caused by this infection is named HGRAD- Human Gamma Retrovirus Associated Disease."...
  6. wingfingers

News from WPI symposium: Name change to be proposed for XMRV

I would veto this suggestion. We already have The Disease of a Thousand Names. Now Dr Burrascano, a much-respected Lyme Doctor, wants to add yet another, total 1,001. We have a clumsy difficult-to-pronounce name for the virus, XMRV, that's bad enough as it is without adding further insult. What...