• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. F

My ME/CFS Story

Recovery does not mean cure. Recovery is an attitude, a stance a way to face daily challenges.
  2. F

My ME/CFS Story

Thank you Tito :) I have amended my blog, deleted all other post except the one with my story, thou I did add a quick paragraph at the top explaining that I'm not suggesting I've cured myself etc.. You did make a very good point though about most people seeing only good, the so-called healed and...
  3. F

My ME/CFS Story

Yea I can uderstand that now, and my first reply was a bit rash and harsh, I was having day and took the first comment has not being belived that I do have M.E/CFS and reacted badly, I apoligise for that. Some of the replies have been very helpful and made me relise that what I was doing could...
  4. F

My ME/CFS Story

I would like to add that I know 'proper exercise' can do more bad than good and is no no I wasn't suggesting that, but research does show that for some doing gentle exercise like yoga or tai chi that uses gentle movement and streches can make an improve, so I did put this in in good faith, but...
  5. F

My ME/CFS Story

I'm really sorry I didn't mean to upset anyone or give misinfornation I just want to share a part of my story thou it was imcomplete this was the wrong thing to do, I really did have the best of intentions, I didn't share the blog to sell anything, I thought I was sharing something positive...
  6. F

My ME/CFS Story

I can assure you I haven't been misdiagnosed with M.E/CFS it still effects me greatly now, I'm STILL recovering and try to manage my symptoms the best I can and wanted to share this, not once have I claimed to have 'cured' my M.E/CFS or made a full recovery and certainly not all I needed to do...
  7. F

My ME/CFS Story

Hi, I developed M.E/CFS almost three years ago and since then I've been finding and using alternative and natural ways to help my recovery and management, I would like to share my story here: http://alternativemecfsrecovery.blogspot.co.uk/