• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. P

Help with a friend's anxiety?

Thank you! I agree with everything you said.
  2. P

Thank you again to everyone. @helen1 I just looked at Hip's post. Very interesting. I can find NAG here in Canada so it might be doable. @PeterPositive I can find Ashwagandha here too. I'll talk to my friend to see what she wants to do. @SB_1108 I thought of magnesium too. It's...
  3. P

@barbc56 thank you for your concern. My friend has gone to many doctors about the anxiety. They've given her many different anti-anxiety and anti-depressants and they just make her worse. @Valentijn I know that folate "feeds" cells. That's why I said in my original post I was reluctant to...
  4. P

Thanks @boncar. They sell the Mental Calmness here in Canada. I'll research it to see if it'll interfere with any of her other meds. She can take a look to see if it's something she wants to try.
  5. P

Hi everyone, I have a friend who has terminal cancer. It's called gist (Gastrointestinal stromal tumors). She was given her 5 year all clear remission, then 6 months later they found 9 tumors! The first time she had the cancer she was given about 9 months to live. She accepted this and...
  6. P

Methylfolate causing lack of coordination

@Neuro what multi are you taking? There could be clues in that. Does it have folic acid? Does it have large quantities of B1, B2, or B3? I agree that you should probably have more b12. 125mcg every other day isn't much when you're taking 1mg of folate every day. Also you "cons" list sound...
  7. P

Methylation protocol issues, only three months in

@sunking101 I looked at the multi vitamin you posted, and if it is the correct one, it has 400mcg of folic acid. It also has some cyanocobalamin. Many of us around here avoid folic acid as much as possible. There are studies that indicate folic acid can block folate receptors. I know that if...
  8. P

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Thanks @ahmo. I was asking about the light because Fred has mentioned Mb12 breaks down with light to Hydroxyb12. I might just give that a try. I can order Bluebonnet from iherb. @chiefrocka the groggy could be so many things. You might need more folate. I'm still trying to find the balance...
  9. P

B-12 - The Hidden Story

@ahmo I wrote you earlier, but I'm not sure you saw this. It's on the previous page now. I'm reposting it so sorry for the double post. :) I was looking over some old posts and saw this one about your experiences with b12 drops and lotion. I'm quite curious how you do this. "And my...
  10. P

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hi ahmo. I was looking over some old posts and saw this one about your experiences with b12 drops and lotion. I'm quite curious how you do this. What kind of lotion do you use? Do you mix the b12 with the lotion using a red light or in a darkened room? Is this still working well for you...
  11. P

Adenoscylcobalamin not Effective anymore

I ordered straight from the company itself. www.anabolnaturals.com I think you US folks get free shipping over a certain amount too. You might want to look there. When I first started taking Anabol Adb12 it was the old capsule version with boron. I found it MUCH stronger than the Source...
  12. P

anabol naturals dibencoplex not at iherb

@shannah, thanks for all the info. I ordered a few minutes ago. The guy said he sent a similar order, a couple of weeks ago, to Ontario. 2 bottles should last my daughter and I close to a year. I feel a lot better knowing where to get this stuff again.
  13. P

Thanks @shannah. What is the coupon you used? Is it a code or were you sent something? If you wouldn't mind letting me know if you have to pay duty that would be great too. Thanks again.
  14. P

Thanks @ahmo. I remember how powerful the Anabol was when I switched to it so I've been reluctant to try something else. Ok, I just looked at the product you recommended. I think that's what we were using before Anabol was introduced. I might try the Source Naturals again and do a...
  15. P

Thanks @silverseas2014. Unfortunately I live in Canada so there is never free shipping. :( I'll take a look at Amazon.
  16. P

I apologize if this has been posted already, but it seems iherb is no longer selling the Anabol ADb12. I was just wondering where others are ordering this from now. I need to order soon and would rather go with a company that others have used before. Thanking everyone in advance, Phred
  17. P

Platelet Count

@drob31 B12 is absorbed through the villi in the intestines (when taken orally). The "gold standard" of Celiac diagnoses is a biopsy showing villous atrophy. Celiac, ITP, lots of autoimmune fun in my life. ;)
  18. P

Platelet Count

@mgk I wouldn't worry about those platelet counts. They are perfectly fine. I don't think a doctor would even be concerned about your counts until they were below 100. Even then I don't think they'd be overly concerned. I had Chronic ITP as a teenager. I couldn't keep my platelets above...
  19. P

Blood pressure & methylation

Are you taking CoQ10? @Freddd has mentioned this with methylation can raise blood pressure. At least that's what my memory is telling me.
  20. P

How to lower norepinephrine

CBS - Cystathionine-β-synthase ACE - Angiotensin-converting enzyme VDR taq - Vitamin D receptor BHMT - Betaine-homocysteine methyltransferase COMT - catechol-O-methyltransferase are all genetic snp's (single nucleotide polymorphisms) that affect the methylation cycle. MTHFR is not methylation...
  21. P

Interpretation of 23andme data put through Sterling's app

You might find those few minor changes make a huge difference. Let us know how it goes.
  22. P

Interpretation of 23andme data put through Sterling's app

@FranzFan I know nothing about your SNPs, but have comments about your supplements: 1) Jarrow's mb12 went wonky about 2 or 3 years ago and is now ineffective. Fred recommends Enzymatic Therapy 1mg mb12. 2) Country Life dibencozide contains folic acid and should be avoided. The favoured...
  23. P

Enzymatic Therapy B12 changed their formula

I've used the 15mg tabs. I can't seem to get past a few days using them before my feet start to burn. I honestly don't know if it's a good thing or not. My bottle might be old though. I've been debating about ordering a new bottle and really giving it a trial. I'd like to try 2 or 3 tabs at...
  24. P

Methylation Protocol for Mild CFS?

Hi Sherpa, I followed Fred from the wrongdiagnosis forum. Don't remember the path, but did wind up here. It was a very long thread. And I read all of it. It was started by a nurse who wrote a book: "Could it be b12: An Epidemic of Misdiagnosis." She was looking at blood serum levels...
  25. P

How to detect blood brain barrier leak?

@ramkishore I can't have gluten or dairy either. I've heard quite a bit of anecdotal evidence that dairy causes ataxia which would indicate a BBB issue. Dairy certainly causes ataxia in me. Dr. Fasano, as mentioned earlier in the thread, is THE Celiac doctor. I don't know how much work...
  26. P

Fasciculations

I'm going to try to take a stab at this. If I'm wrong about any of it I'm sure someone will correct me. As I understand it Methotrexate inhibits the DHFR enzyme. This little guy is responsible for the conversion of folic acid. Using some logic skills and, no real research to back it up, (I...
  27. P

Fasciculations

I have what may be an odd question. Can too little mb12 cause PFD? When I started taking the adb12 away from the mb12 I lowered my mb12. Now I seem to be getting the paradoxical stuff. I did up my mb12 by 5mg this morning, but the cankers still persist. I'm up to 21.6mg of folate, 10mg of...
  28. P

Fasciculations

Hi Fred, I'm definitely taking the LCF. I roll over in bed in the morning and taking it with my first dose of folate. Then I have coffee half an hour later. I've had random fasciculations for awhile now, but this is different. It is non stop. The laptop is bouncing on my leg as I type...
  29. P

Fasciculations

I'm hoping someone can help. I started separating out my adb12 dose from my mb12 dose about 5 days ago. I'm not doing the one a week dose of adb12, that @Freddd recommends, just not taking it at the same time as my mb12. The thing is that now I'm having the worst fasciculations. They are non...
  30. P

b12 shot even if not deficient?

Ahhh. I was going to demand pictures of @Freddd's contortion act holding that ET between bum and lip. :rofl: