• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. KiwiOz

Having to move

Yeah you are right to fear a high rise - i am on the 3rd floor of a 4 story block, 20 units in total. Never again & my ability to handle the noise has gotten worse since i got CFS 3 years ago.
  2. KiwiOz

Having to move

Thank U :) Yeah i feel like i have a lot of requirements in another flat too & so far i haven't had much luck in finding what i want, in the right area & at the right price! it appears that a lot of rentals are in unit blocks & i am looking for a single story unit. Fingers crossed we both get...
  3. KiwiOz

Having to move

Spitfire - My heart goes out to you as i am looking to move out of my apt building due to noisy neighbours & trades men doing repairs etc in other flats. Noise for me is a big problem too. I have another floor above me & have learnt not to live in another unit block!. I didn't have CFS when i...
  4. KiwiOz

Sudden or Gradual Onset?

Hi Sushi, That is good to know. Thanks :)
  5. KiwiOz

Sudden or Gradual Onset?

Hi Sing, My operation was 3 years ago & i became ill around 5 weeks later. I also had 2 blood transfusions after the op but still while recovering in hospital. I always thought maybe it was one or both of those transfusions that could have somehow given me CFS but when i was finally diagnosed...
  6. KiwiOz

Sudden or Gradual Onset?

Mine was sudden after an operation. Was totally fine before the op
  7. KiwiOz

Has anyone gotten CFS after a physical trauma (major car accident, burn, etc) ?

Hi, I am very interested in this thread, I got CFS in 2008 when i was 35 years old after having Surgery. I was fine before the op but started experiencing symptoms about 5 weeks after it. During my surgery i also had 2 blood transfusions. I was finally diagnosed with CFS 2 & a half years after...