• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. J

Skin heals very slowly

Sorry to dig up an old thread. Just wanted to thank all for the previous info--- and to post my experience with this... Basically, I had mosquito bites that wouldn't heal since mid-July (It is now early November). After reading this thread- I applied Zinc Oxide cream nightly--- and they're...
  2. J

Did taking SAM-e help anybody?

Sam-e was the first "thing" I tried on my long path. Was awesome for me. Basically- take it before going to bed, then have "jump outta bed" type energy upon waking. Also a sharpness, a clear-headedness that I hadn't experienced before... Unfortunately, this feeling only lasted a few weeks...
  3. J

Please help decipher my 23andMe results

All, Just an update- and another thank you. I'm feeling much better energy-wise(actually bright eyed and bushy tailed BEFORE the alarm goes off in the morning(first time in my life that has happened- and has been this way for several weeks). Even as I posted my above question, i found my...
  4. J

Critterina, I'm more of a lurker/researcher, so I don't post very often- there fore I may not know how to add your quote to reply to it. I don't really know what 7 out of 10 means for you. If it's energy (and not other symptoms) you might consider mitochondrial support. Basically, In the last...
  5. J

Caledonia/Critterina, Thanks! I've done a fair bit of research(still don't know a lot about this though), but I knew some on this forum would be able to easily say, "This means this--- that means that"... So, thank you for your intelligent/detailed posts! thanks, Jimmy
  6. J

Common rarity in 7 out of 7 ME/CFS patients based on 23andMe results

I'm CC, but I have not been formally diagnosed with CFS/Me. But, improving with some of the supplements though...
  7. J

Hello all, I have a decent (not great) grasp on this methylation stuff, but am still on the up-and-down roller coaster and would like some insight from this great resource(people and forum)... I am currently taking: metafolin(solgar) tmg(bulk powder) sublingual methylcobalamin(source naturals)...
  8. J

Question for Freddd

Freddd, Thanks for the info. I've been lurking around here for quite some time, so I'm familiar with the basics. I have improved quite a bit- was just interested in the injection vs. sublingual aspects.... thanks for the info!
  9. J

Question for Freddd

Freddd, I live in Boise and haven't been able to find anyone who offers Methylcobalamin shots here. I sometimes travel through the Salt Lake City area- may I get information for doctors(naturopaths, etc...) who offer B12 injections there? People who meet your criteria(methylcobalamin...
  10. J

POTASSIUM- when does the Hypokalemia stop ??????

Adreno, What do you think is the max daily dosage of Potassium? I've been up to 4-5 grams with good results, but am paranoid about going higher. I also do feel a "crash" after re-starting to workout again. BUT, I have many other variables going on- so I can't be sure this is the cause(I'm...