• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

Wikipedia entry for CFS

Hi Persimmon 'tis a well trodden path you are embarking upon. I wish you all the good luck in the world - Wikipedia's entry concerning the illness is a tad bent to say the least - as an experiment, pop a comma or even a full stop into their version of events and it will be corrected within...
  2. M

Groundbreaking Study

Groundbreaking - not.
  3. M

Nov. 2011 CFSAC Videos Posted

deleted, gagged and censored
  4. M

ref the "John T. ReedTweet " - the scam guru?
  5. M

Hi ric Thanx for the response and the info - I didn't know the stuff about Cort/CFS (whatever that is)/coalition proposal. Yet another example of my poor knowledge. So we have no possibility of changing the banner at the top of the screen then? The more I look at the banner, the more...
  6. M

Hi Jill I agree with much of what you write - the use of the term "CFS" allows them to continue the abuse practised on patients. "CFS" was manufactured by psychs - it is by its definition a psychiatric disorder - Myalgic Encephalomyelitis is not a psychiatric condition and is therefore...
  7. M

Klimas is GONE from UM !

Can we not even speculate a little bit?
  8. M

Klimas is GONE from UM !

Well thats spoiled another round of speculation - what else do you know then? Is Father Christmas real?
  9. M

Klimas is GONE from UM !

-Did she leave voluntarily?
  10. M

It wasn't so much the use of the term "chronic fatigue" - I have got so use to those speaking for us using abusive language - it is abusive - it was Mr Marshalls constant use of "CSF - The correct incorect term is CFS. The uncomfortable silence was the result of Leonard Jason reminding those...
  11. M

Hi Justinreilly If only it were possible to get across to these people the simple steps that would make the lives easier for pwME - is it really too much to ask? Thanks for posting the vids - much of it was painful, although I'm glad I sat through it. Even on the you tube page it was...
  12. M

Despite having the most severe case of man flu ever experienced by anyone on the planet, I sat through all 4 videos - the most revealing 15 seconds of the seemingly endless drivel was at 13:50 in video 4. The silence was deafening. Besides that, Mr Marshall and his constant error in calling...
  13. M

Astounding Norwegian research breakthrough with Rituximab can solve CFS mystery!!!

"We have taken inquiries from February 1'st and from the end of March taken patients in for an indepth 2 week teamevaulation with doctors, nurses, worktherapists, physiotherapist and psycologists." don't think I'll be going to Sweden any time soon.
  14. M

Grey Information about ME/CFS Part 3: 1994

-- absolutely incredible timeline and full of valuable quotes. Thank you, thank you, thank you. This is just what I needed, perfect timing.
  15. M

Judy Mikovits has been arrested

lol.........................
  16. M

mmmmm.............
  17. M

Also deleted.
  18. M

deleted........
  19. M

Psychiatry : The Infallible Profession

Hang on ....... there is this pearl of wisdom that was presented as part of the advice given to the MRC in 1992 - they still believe this apparently. Shrinkage at its very best I would say. .......... "Why is chronic fatigue so appealing to patients and their doctors? One factor must be...
  20. M

NHS Scotland recommends to diagnose ME with the Canadian Criteria and separate it fro

1st place ............:victory:Go Norway:victory: 2nd place ............:victory:Go Scotland:victory: who's next?
  21. M

Is there some crazy conspiratory going on to make ME/CFSers look bad?

Divide and conquer anyone? Actually, I believe we need all the help we can get. We are up against major opposition to finding out what ME is, and just as importantly, finding out what it is not. I can't seem to shake the 'anger' - maybe soon I will - I'm not ready at the present moment...
  22. M

In need of a volunteer who's not camera shy

I feel the Beeb will 'find' a 'typical' patient that will do our cause the world of good. They have, in the past, been so helpful - without their previous reporting efforts we would be seen as malingerers and psych patients - impartial reporting at its finest.
  23. M

Psychiatry : The Infallible Profession

Psychiatry and Psychology = lethal injection with a friendly smiley face concealing the shringe. I wrote a great deal more, but decided not to post. We have to end their involvement. Withdraw your consent and refuse all shrink involvement in treatment. However, I am biased because...
  24. M

Dr. Ian Lipkin and Dr. Mady Hornig, Use Deep Sequencing and Proteomics to Hunt CFS Vi

Absolutely agree with liquid sky - it is an insult and it just aint right - totally had enough of shrinks and shrink terminology.
  25. M

Doctors and Bankers: Unaccountable Professions?

...... Looking on the bright side,.....when it all goes belly up, when people realise their cash is worthless paper, there are no banks, there's no jobs, no pensions, no food, plenty armed police on the streets, curfews, endless war (already got that one sorted), and the government on the TV...
  26. M

thanks for the chat Alex. :thumbs up:
  27. M

The Chinese - again, in the short term looking better than the EU and US. Without the rest of the world as a market place, the Asian market will go the same way - ie, bust. Austerity will not work, firstly because it is not the answer to the problem - and secondly, even if it could...
  28. M

Actually, the anti-capitalist movement label has been attached to the wrong group - mmm where have I seen the wrong label on the wrong group? Anyway, the 'anti-capitalist' label should be attached to the banks and the corporations - they do not like capitalism because capitalism depends on a...
  29. M

If PWME want rapid progress, the shrinks have to go - if there are any decent human shrinks, (personally I'm not convinced), but if there are, don't you think it is about time you spoke up to your colleagues and pointed out that despite 25 years of trying the same old argument of CBT/GET and...
  30. M

For Jenny and Esther12 The above (not the Pink Floyd vid, although that is very very good, the Margaret Williams part) is what I failed to get across yesterday - its all a scam and we've been played for 25 years. - apologies again for my lack of education and poor knowledge. "null field" - I...