• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

Scandal in BMJ's XMRV/CFS Research

The Lancet may even have a conscience re misleading "science": "A British medical journal has retracted a controversial study which suggested a link between autism and the measles-mumps-rubella vaccine known as MMR. The now-discredited research by Doctor Andrew Wakefield caused...
  2. M

What are the long-term effects of CFS?

Can of worms: IMAGINITIS Thanks for the post Hope. I think it is a very good question and am interested in others experiences. Since onset of CFS (about 9 years ago) I've developed lots of symptoms which may (or not) be related to CFS, meds I take and lifestyle constraints. I'm a 50...
  3. M

Retrovirus in salivary glands from patients with Sjgren's syndrome

I'm also interested in low ESR, mine has been a "1" on 4 tests since 2003 and a "2" when last tested in 2009. I've also read that low ESR is characteristic of CFS but have not read any rationale for this, does anyone know? Doctor's haven't even commented on this result to me although my...