• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

Healthy until contracted ME/CFS?

I had my share of problems as a child. I caught pneumonia a few times, had a lot of ear infections and needed tubes put in at one point, bad allergies to dust, mold, hay, ragweed, etc such that I had allergy shots weekly for a period of years, also allergic to penicillin(hives), and some mild...
  2. S

Scientific Antifungal Treatment: Looking for information

Thank you for all the replies. Sing: Yes the SD has spread to my hair line also and my face gets flaky, itchy, red/blotchy in the areas that are affected. I've done a lot of research on acne forums on how to control it but have had little success. It seems to have a mind of it's own and...
  3. S

Scientific Antifungal Treatment: Looking for information

35yr male here. I had Seborrheic dermatitis develop on my cheek about a year after I first became sick. It is believed to be caused by the body's inability to control the growth of yeast. Since it started, it has slowly spread to much of one side of my face and across my forehead. More...
  4. S

CFSIDS/ME doctor in Central New York State?

Hello, I am fed up with my internist and need to find a doctor that understands CFSIDS/ME. I did a quick look and haven't found anyone promising in my area (Syracuse, NY). Please let me know if you have any suggestions. I'm getting desperate to find a doctor that I don't need to educate...
  5. S

Mouth and throat yeast infections?

35/yr male here. I believe I am having problems with candida yeast also. Since March 2008 I've had a spot of seborrheic dermatitis on my cheek which is believed to be caused by candida yeast overgrowth. Well, last October it started spreading and now covers half my face in red itchy blotches...
  6. S

Seborrhoeic dermatitis anyone?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seborrhoeic_dermatitis Hello. I've had CFS for 3 years and have had a patch of this develop on the side of my face and a spot under my bottom lip for just over two years now. It comes and goes but recently has gotten much more "angry" and seems to be spreading...
  7. S

Is it our heart/ virus???

I've had CFS for a little over 3 years now. 34yr male. After about a year with it I had the sudden onset of an arrhythmia one evening which landed me in the ER for the night before it went back into normal sinus rhythm. I had been noticing my heart was fluttering and missing beats ever since...
  8. S

FDA and NIH confirm WPI XMRV findings (report of leaked presentation)

Hi everyone. First post here. I'm a 33 year old male who became sick after kissing a girl on a date 3 years ago. I got the typical flu sort of illness afterward and haven't been right since. I have all the usual symptoms but thankfully they aren't as bad as some i.e. I'm still fairly...