• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. G

Much Better after 2 Decades, Now What?

You hit the nail on the head with this quote. I think I'm having a mid-life crisis combined with the limits of CFS, but limits that have recently changed dramatically, thus confusing things even further! To make things even more confusing, I'm not even sure of what I want to achieve, as...
  2. G

I'm blown away by the responses here. It means a lot to just have people who understand where I'm coming from. The general sentiment seems to be to remain conservative here - I agree this is the best choice. Better to put myself in a situation where I have "more" energy than I need, than to end...
  3. G

I've been sick for over 2 decades. Started in my mid-teens. You know, the time when people reflect back on in middle-age, and remember how much energy they had back in high school. I never had that. So my whole life since high school has revolved around building a life that allows me to cope...
  4. G

Sore Throat following physical activity

I'm having this problem right now. I've been working out a lot, pushing, pushing, pushing for days. And now I have a sore throat and no other symptoms. I haven't had a crash like this in so long, I forgot what crashes are like. But the sore throat, or the beginnings of a sore throat, are CFS...
  5. G

Sore Throat following physical activity

This sentence really tells how I fell into this illness, not listening to my body as I crashed/recovered, crashed/recovered, until I stopped recovering and stayed in a crash with CFS. Well over a decade later, I'm now improving, and seeing this reverse cycle happen. Where I've gone from a...
  6. G

Where can I buy Glutathione injections and is Whey Protein worth a try?

Can you provide more info on how your wife got better? Or if you've already posted this info, could you point me in the direction? Much appreciated.
  7. G

Juice Fasting

I love juice fasting. It makes me feel incredible, almost like a 100% functional, normal human being. Juice fasting works for me, but regular fasting doesn't. Regular fasting seems to stress my adrenals and trigger a "wired but tired" feeling. Juice fasting leaves me calm and energized at the...
  8. G

My understanding of treating adrenal fatigue

I've had bad luck with Adrenal supplements in the past as well. Licorice supplements make me feel horrible, as did the 'Adrenal Stress End' by Dr Jacob Teitelbaum. Taking these gave me the worst CFS crashes, they type of feeling/symptoms I'm always trying to avoid. This may be a clue for me...
  9. G

Amalgam Tooth Fillings cause of ME ?

Quackwatch articles come across as very emotional. Do you have some other sources for reference?
  10. G

Is morning sunlight outdoors necessary for good sleep?

Caledonia - This is something I've noticed that worked for me as well, avoiding TV and computers in the evening. Problem is, it's so hard to stick to! TV and computers are so tempting. But when I'm forced to not use the computer or tv in the evening, like a trip where I don't have access...
  11. G

What Types of Fatigue Do I Experience Poll

Cort- I'd like to set up one of these polls. Is that possible? Or do only administrators have access to this function. Namely, I'd like to get a poll on the type of diet people eat. I personally saw a great improvement in symtpoms (not neared cured though) when I changed my diet. Could be...
  12. G

Alcohol Tolerance Poll

Alcohol intolerance was one of the 1st symptoms I noticed. I was 16 at the time. Before that I actually never had a hangover. I actually thought hangovers were not real, just something people said to be 'cool' or something. Then I got CFS and immediately I hated alcohol. Previously it made...
  13. G

What Is Your Body Temperature? Rethinking 98.6

My temp is usually 97.9-98.6. So I actually fall under 2 of the above categories. I'd say more often I'm 97.9 - 98.2, but I do also fall in the 98.2-98.6 range.