• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

ACE Defect and ACE Inhibitor for Blood Pressure?

If I have the ACE defect, would it be an issue to take an ACE inhibitor for my blood pressure. Just a wild question, but would like something to go by for when I see my doctor this Tuesday. Thanky you!
  2. S

How To Take Hydroxy B12 Drops?

Nobody uses these? http://www.holisticheal.com/hydroxy-b12-mega-drops.html and http://www.holisticheal.com/methyl-12-mega-drops.html
  3. S

How To Take Hydroxy B12 Drops?

I just received my B12 drops from Holistic Health and was wonder what the best way was to take them. I thought that I read under the tongue for 1 minute, but wanted to check here first. Thank you!
  4. S

B Complex

Anyone using this product and is happy with it? Looks pretty good and is not too pricy. Thanks
  5. S

NutrEval Results - Opinion Please? - Rich?

Hey Rich, I was about to submit an order for the additional supplements that were discussed in this thread. One thing I forgot to ask is what your thoughts on supplementing with glutathione? The stuff that was recommended to me is around $70 per bottle and certainly don't want to spend the...
  6. S

Yes, my wife is going to get tested. We'd like to know the percentages if we decide to have another kid. Thanks for the information about the products. I'm assuming you started taking this after everything got balanced or is this what works for your protocol?
  7. S

Just got my results and like my daughter, I have 2 copies of the C677t mutation. Guess everything makes more sense now....
  8. S

Shew, that's a lot of stuff. Thanks Rich!
  9. S

Rich, Thank you very, very much for taking the time and providing such insightful information from my test. I will have to look at it again tomorrow to digest everything. I'm curious of what you mentioned, what may be causing my heat intolerance/sweating and water dependency. Again, thank...
  10. S

She's not breast feeding anymore. She lost interest and is on formula. Since she has 2 copies, my wife is getting tested as well. The whole family may be buying stock in Methyl B vitamins soon :)
  11. S

That looks like a great supplement. She is about to turn 1 year old so I'm not sure what I should be giving her.
  12. S

Thanks nanonug. My daughter tested positive for 2 copies of C677t so I'm assuming I passed one copy on to her. I also got tested and should have my results in any day now. The good news is, it looks like I may not have issues with heavy metals per the test. I do suffer CFE like symptoms...
  13. S

Hey Rich, Do you mind taking a look at my NutrEval Results and let me know what you think? I'm in the process of finding a doctor, but any help to get me started would be appreciated! Thank you
  14. S

Compounded Topical Methyl Vitamins For Young Ones?

I was curious if anyone has heard of or tried a compounded topical version of the B vitamins we need for their children that are too young to swallow pills? My child is only 11 months old, but is homozygous C677t and want to be prepared. Thanks!
  15. S

NutrEval Results - Opinion Please?

Yes, thanks nanonug. At $80 a bottle, I'll be sending mine back and switching to the ones mentioned in your linked thread.
  16. S

Thank you for your feedback. 1) Is the D-Methylfolate from the latter of the 2? L-Methylfolate (from 5-methyltetrahydrofolate 20 mg) 2) Is this a good source? http://www.iherb.com/Life-Extension-Optimized-Folate-L-Methylfolate-1000-mcg-100-Veggie-Caps/38523 3) So I should dose the...
  17. S

I've been doing these supplements for about a month now and don't notice a thing. Just as tired and achy as ever :)
  18. S

I got my results back from my NutrEval test. Please see attached. Im curious how these results look to you and would welcome your feedback. As a result, my doctor has put me on the following supplements. 1...