• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. B

Another blog with misinformation

My turn to pitch in - it is done.
  2. B

Lancet: Mouse viruses and human disease

I couldn't find this in any threads but sorry if it has been posted before:-- http://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(11)70082-2/fulltext The first paragraph: Simard and colleagues1 reported the most current and largest comprehensive assessment of cancer incidence...
  3. B

Shock effect like cold shower - does anyone identify with this symptom?

Gershwin, Your clue is actually very helpful. I didn't know that about Effexor withdrawal effect. It does sound the same. In fact it might explain one other thing:- that the most effective temporary reversal of the problem comes from alcohol. He avoided this for years because of the negative...
  4. B

Thanks for your confirmation and kind comments. As to lying down quietly, he no longer has recourse to this. Lying down accentuates the tinnitus and restless legs = more agitation. No rest at all. I hope your health doesn't degrade to this level. Thanks again.
  5. B

Have you found anything to help and does it fluctuate?
  6. B

Article on Marshall Protocol in journal debate?

I agree with you that something will come of this. I find the antipathy of many in the chronically ill communities towards Marshall very interesting. He is the only person promoting a biomedical hypothesis that gets the sort of hatred normally reserved for the UK psych's. I think this is...
  7. B

Hi. I'm posting this in behalf of my son, who I look after (CFS since June 2001 at age 13). We all know how hard it is to *really* convey symptoms to people like doctors etc. Over the last 18 months my son has struggled to help me really understand one of his symptoms - now his most limiting...
  8. B

Dr. Byron Hyde's Comments on XMRV

Epidemic I was at a talk by Dr Hyde 2 weeks ago in Melbourne. What Hip said was correct - the comments have been taken out of context. Here is what I understood from the presentation (all care taken but apologies if I misrepresent Dr Hyde in any way):- In the ME epidemics the infection trail...
  9. B

Dr Esther Crawley discusses XMRV and WPI, March 2010

Clarifying the UK ME charities for down-unders Sorry this is off topic but ukxmrv I'm sure you can help me. There are several UK support groups. I know some are more helpful to patients than others. Very confusing when I look at web pages and blogs. Can you please enlighten me? (I guess...
  10. B

You may wonder why the CAA treats XMRV the way they do... So:

Elegance That's the interesting part of it:- elegance. One cause that has the potential to explain so much. While on that subject I've noticed how many times I see the statement "CFS is a probably several diseases, it is so heterogeneous". This is starting to get up my nose severely...
  11. B

XMRV/Leukemia like & tanning booths

Not tolerate? Do you mind me asking what you mean by "can't tolerate oral Vit D"?