• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. K

L-Metholfolate Help

Thankyou Freddd much appreciated.
  2. K

Over active immune system and Imunovir

I really don't want to be taking anything that stimulates my immune system, i need something to slow it down. I also suffer from really bad sensitivity to sound, I swear i can hear someone cough 50m away and it sounds like my head will explode. My brain is defenetly overstimulated, i can't...
  3. K

L-Metholfolate Help

Hi Freddd I didn't see your reply. I sent you a PM. Not sure i understand what you said that taking Metafolin + Methylb12 is dangerous and can cause B12 deficiencies - i thought they were supposed to be taken together ?
  4. K

Over active immune system and Imunovir

I seem to have the same problem. I never get sick and haven't for many years. My immune system is also in overdrive as I have high thyroid antibodies, my brain never switches off unless i take medication, feel like i am on speed 24/7. I have never taken Imunovir and don't know much about it, but...
  5. K

L-Metholfolate Help

would taking Methyfolate without b12 cause the b12 to drop further ?
  6. K

L-Metholfolate Help

would taking Metafolin with B12 cause the B12 to drop further ?
  7. K

L-Metholfolate Help

No a bit of constipation but nothing serous. I did a google search for the causes of "strawberry tounge" and it came up with one of the possible causes being folate or B12 deficiency, it can't be a folate problem as i am taking 800mcg of L-Methylfolate, but maybe it is causing the B12 to get...
  8. K

L-Metholfolate Help

Hi Guys I started taking L-Methylfolate (Amipro - metafolin) a week ago, started taking half a tablet 400mcg and it seemed to be going okay I upped the dose to 800mcg 2 days ago. I got a bit of a sore throat / flu for a few days and my tounge is really sore - feel like you do after...
  9. K

Simplified Methylation Protocol Revised as of Today

Hi Rich / Anybody Can you tell me if Metagenics Folapro and Solgar Metafolin are the same ( ie L-Methylfolate), i see that the Folapro is called L-5-methylhydrofolate ? It is a bit confusing, i believe that the solgar product is the same as Deplin and was now told my the shop that the Folapro...
  10. K

Deplin for depression

Hi has anybody tried Deplin ? . I have read some encouraging stuff on the internet with regards to it helping with depression or helping your antidepressant work better. I would be interested if anyone has some feedback with regard to this. I would much rather be taking something that may be...
  11. K

Where are we on understanding and treating ME/CFS today?

Hi Rich, I have been reading some of your theories with great interest. I recently had a test done for Urinary Kryptopyrrol (HPU) and it showed that it was elevated , normal range 0 - 200 ng/ml and mine was 395.870 ng/ml. I have been supplementing with Zinc , Selenium, Cortico B5 B6...
  12. K

Recancostat / Reduced Glutathione Anyone ?

Has anybody tried this product, would be interested to hear if it helped. I read an article about a woman in the UK who said it helped her recover. Thanks
  13. K

Chlorella / Spirulina Reaction anybody ?

I have been taking 2 tablets of Chlorella and 2 of Spirulina a day. I have had really sore muscles and bones to the point that even my intestines were aching. I can only assume that it must be the chlorella and spirulina. I stopped it on Sunday and the muscle pains and aches seem to have...
  14. K

ME doctors in South Africa

Thanks for the info. I used to be a patient with Alta Smit - she is the doctor who left the country to take up an academic post overseas. I have seen Dr Cecil Jardin about 10 years ago, tried the antibiotics for 4-5 months with not much improvement. Problem is that everyone that was tested for...
  15. K

ME doctors in South Africa

Does anybody know of any ME/CFS doctors in South Africa ? I have had ME for 18 years and the doctor who used to deal with ME in this country, took a post with Heel overseas. There doesn't seems to be anyone here who knows what is going on in this part of medicine. We have great doctors in South...