• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Brelliott

Fatigue Onset after Calming Down and Relaxing

I know exactly what you mean MD55. Often I will get busy chatting when out socializing and my energy seems to be doing ok. Until I just slow down for a minute. I can then feel the malaise sneaking in like a thief in the night. I can get busy cleaning house, sometimes my energy lasts longer...
  2. Brelliott

What Is Your Body Temperature? Rethinking 98.6

Gracenote, I have followed the exact same fever/body temps as you. I ran a fever for over a year which reached up to 101 plus nearly every day. The temp always started rising at about 4pm and subsiding between 9-10pm daily. Upon awakening my temps were close to 97, always. My internist ran...
  3. Brelliott

Brelliott

4. Brelliott

New ME/CFS Primer

I would like to share this with everyone. Recently the new primer that was shared with many in attendance at the CFSAC meeting with federal agencies in Washington D.C., was posted here on Phx. Rising. I was extremely pleased to see this new primer available to the public. After reading it I...
  5. Brelliott

Crazy insane itching! Somebody make it go away!

This even sounds like it could be the cause of CFS. At least mine...Definitely going to check it out...
  6. Brelliott

Crazy insane itching! Somebody make it go away!

I, too, have had a lot of itching and continue to have it today. I have heard that this is sometimes an issue for CFS patients, like myself. I have a tiny little pinhead type of rash that produces crazy itching and it is everywhere on my body. I am currently using cerave cream w/clobetasol...
  7. Brelliott

Bringing the FDA Stakeholder Meeting Home: One More Push

This is excellent news, Cort, regarding the response from the FDA. I urge everybody who uses a computer and has access to this website to put forth every ounce of effort and energy in sending these daily letters to the FDA and others involved in the process of getting medication requests...