• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. L

Streptococcus overgrowth

Hi @Bollie, just wondering what your Streptococcus situation was in the Bioscreen results - did you have a Strep overgrowth??
  2. L

The Undetectable Infection

Are all those antibiotics he's put you on for the late stage Lyme, or for the Strep in your bowel?? Just curious why, if all these antibiotic cocktails are the treatment for Strep in the bowel as diagnosed by Bioscreen, why do they just recommend in the accompanying notes "Erythromycin may...
  3. L

Partial Biotinitase Deficiency, 23andme Test, BTD GENE POLL?

For those who might be interested, the people over on the LowOxalate Yahoo Group, adults and children are taking up to 50 MG per day of Biotin (some even more if IRC?) - oxalate can disrupt the biotin pathways. Susan Owens, the oxalate scientist & researcher says that it is safe in those very...
  4. L

SNP Results - Any help greatly appreciated!

Hello wise and learned folks, I have my 23 andMe results in and as I am Down Under there are not many here who know much about this! Any information or advice from these results would be sooooo greatly appreciated! I have a very long history of very severe CFS - Thanks DETOX CYP 1A2 C164A - CC...
  5. L

Newbie - simplified protocol or full monty?

Well I haven't actually started it yet John, I'm still waiting for some other results from Healthscope/Geneva to get a baseline idea of nutritional values and then I intend to start it all in the New Year! So we'll see how it all goes then!
  6. L

Hi John, From memory I got the MethylMate B and HydroxyB12 drops from HolisticHeal(Yasko) and the rest from iHerb!
  7. L

I don't believe Healthscope do any other SNP testing John, only the MTHFR, and there is no way to get Methylation Panel biochemistry tested here in Australia! Believe me I've tried!! I have had various tests done through Healthscope as requested by a doctor I was seeing at the time who is an...
  8. L

John why don't you get the MTHFR test done as a starting point, and then start the Simplified Methylation Protocol slow and low doses, as I think most do anyway, and gradually increase to the recommended dosages according to your reactions and see how you get on, if there is no improvement then...
  9. L

Hi Johnmac, My doctor just requested the MTHFR test along with other standard bloods that are all covered by Medicare, not sure if me being on a Disability Support Pension had anything to do with that? I do know that you can also get it done through Healthscope Pathology Functional Lab and it...
  10. L

O and it is possible to have the MTHFR 677/1298 SNP blood test done here under normal Medicare, doctor just needs to request it! And as you know blood B12 and Folic Acid levels are standard tests but are not fully accurate for these methylation requirements! And the Vit D panel blood tests are...
  11. L

Hello Johnmac, I'm in Australia and recently had the Methylation Pathways Panel done at HD in New Jersey! There were no real problems, just requires a bit/lot of planning and organization! Which was quite taxing and a real headache!! However, it is possible to have done! You will need to get a...
  12. L

Mental Illness Or Methylation Mutation?

Hi Tania, I'm just wondering who your MTHFR treating doctor is in South Australia? And are you able to share a little about what SNP you have and what treatment he has you on? Thanks, I'm in SA too!
  13. L

In Memory of Rich Van Konynenburg.

I just feel absolutely devastated, gutted! What an enormous loss, what a great man! To Rich's wife and family, my deepest condolences on your loss - may he rest in peace. To all the CFS/ME community I share your sadness, having been living with this terrible illness for 23 years I can tell you...
  14. L

Low E-Coli and Very High Lactococcos Lactis

Now that makes sense! Thank you Peter for that explanation - so you soak them to release the anti nutrients then you can cook them, heat them do whatever we want to eat them!! Thanks
  15. L

Thanks Peter - so the point isn't to make them and eat them mushy so they are more easily digested?? You can soak them then dry them out in oven to crisp up again, and eat them crunchy?? What does the soaking actually acheive then? And you have to soak nuts as well? Can you do the same thing -...
  16. L

Hi xks - are you able to let me know or point me in the right direction as to where I can determine, absolutely, which Lactobacillus and which Bifidobacterium strains are NON Lactate forming - (there seems to be some conjecture) and which strains are Lactate utilizing?? What strains therefire...
  17. L

Xeno/estrogens link to CFS/Fibromyalgia - Success!!

O ok, I know Indole 3, but isn't I3C converted to DIM when taken so would there be a need to take both if you are taking DIM? I'm interested in the dosages of C-D-Glucarate and DIM you and your g/f are on?
  18. L

Xeno/estrogens link to CFS/Fibromyalgia - Success!!

And what sort of dosages, timing regime are you on with these supplements? Thanks
  19. L

Thanks for that Peter - its all very interesting! Unbearably confusing, but interesting! I have come across GAPS before a few times so now i might investigate more, makes sense! Could you just tell me if you don't mind, how you "soak" seeds, what in, for how long & then how do you eat them etc...
  20. L

Whoops, forgot something Peter - even if you only took the Erythro for a few days, it would have knocked out quite a bit of the Lactococcos in that time(if it responds in the same way as Streptococcos?) and therefore bringing down gradually the overproduction of lactic acid getting into your...
  21. L

Hello Peter - could I ask how long you persevered with the Erythromycin for until you gave it up?? You are aware that indigestion, gut pain, nausea, diarrhea, headaches etc are all fairly expected side effects of taking Erythro, even for people that don't have CFS or gut bug overgrowth...
  22. L

Any Australians done the HDRI methylation panel?

Hi Hixxy, New here, I'm in Adelaide and am thinking of getting the test done - did they give you instructions as to how the sample needs to be taken and packaged, on ice etc or do they send those specific instructions out with the Test Kit? And I'm guessing you pay the $320 up front so you have...