• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Searching

Sleep difficulty - Simplified Methylation Protocol

Thanks so much for your replies, Caledonia and Victronix. I'm not sure I have seen any benefits from the protocol, unfortunately. I may have some neurological symptom improvements, as well as a bit more concentration. I'm unsure. I don't have much excitoxicity, if any. Should I have seen...
  2. Searching

Sleep difficulty - Simplified Methylation Protocol

Hoping someone might be able to weigh in. I'm on day 79 of the simplified methylation protocol. I'm exhausted. Like hitting a wall of 'can't handle not sleeping anymore'. I've been sleeping 12 to 16 hours a day, but feeling like I haven't. This has been going on for exactly 79 nights...
  3. Searching

Simplified methylation protocol - normal symptoms?

Hi Vance, Thanks for your suggestion re: starting gradually. I guess I'd convinced myself that starting the protocol all at once would be tolerable. I did start the Neurological Health Formula at a quarter tablet, and have been augmenting by a quarter each week. I can deal with it so far...
  4. Searching

Simplified methylation protocol - normal symptoms?

Hello all, I've searched this forum, but can't seem to find anyone with the same question(s), so I've started this new thread. My apologies if it's been brought up/answered before. I started Rich VanK's simplified methylation protocol 24 days ago. I was fortunate enough to have him review...
  5. Searching

Shipping blood samples to Vitamin Diagnostics - any advice?

Hi cturcot, My shipment made it to the lab in less than 24 hours! I was very pleased, there were no extra fees/border charges for either the lab or myself. It took five and a half weeks to get the results, I was initially quoted three to four weeks. They were faxed to my doctor. I also...
  6. Searching

Thought I'd post some advice for others who need to ship from Canada. This info is current as of August 2012. The only lab I could find in Ontario that would accept to draw blood into the kit's vials is LifeLabs. The total fee was $20, they didn't charge me tax. I tried various shipping...
  7. Searching

Thanks SO much for your reply. Your advice about the mailing bag was perfect, it saved me from needing a larger box. Also, I didn't have an ICD code written on my requisition form, so I used the one you provided, which was exactly what I would have needed (ME/CFS). I just sent it in, I'm...
  8. Searching

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can share advice or information that would help ensure my methylation panel test kit makes it to Vitamin Diagnostics on time and in good condition. I've been calling the usual shipping companies (UPS, FedEx, etc.) and am met with confusion and a lot of time...
  9. Searching

Measuring Cardiac Output (Cheney / Peckerman research)

Hello again Rich and Anciendaze, Rich, I'm embarassed to say that I had no knowledge of your amazing work until your reply! I had no idea that anyone other than patients would be active on this board. It is, quite frankly, awesome. I am absolutely astonished that you would take the time to...
  10. Searching

Rich, thank you SO much for your amazingly detailed, yet very understandable answer! I guess my best option then would be to ask the cardiologist to test my stroke volume and cardiac output, and let him choose the way it is tested? As long as it is done with the patient vertical, is that...
  11. Searching

Hi Anciendaze, I really appreciate your reply. You have so much knowledge, I will be reading the links right away, trying to get it all to sink in. I wanted to write back to explain my situation a little better, so that maybe you could guide me in the right direction. First off, I should...
  12. Searching

Hello everyone, I am currently being evaluated by a cardiologist who has had no idea what is causing my cardiac symptoms. I found this article: http://www.dfwcfids.org/medical/cheney/hrt04lng.htm and strongly believe this is my situation. That is, that my cardiac output is severely...