• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. P

Low E-Coli and Very High Lactococcos Lactis

Hi all, A quick update on my GAPS journey. Things have been progressing slowly over the last 9 months of GAPS food. Improvements seen in digestion, sleep, palpitations and muscle twitching. Still have sinus congestion. However, my naturepath suggested a IgG4 Metametrix food allergy test which...
  2. P

Hi Lucy, I guess to the uninitiated it must sound like an exercise of futility - soak seeds and then dry then. But there is a very good reason. In simple terms, grains, nut, seeds and beans all have anti-nutrients on the surface which protects them (from bacteria etc) until they are ready to...
  3. P

Hi xks201, I've been taking the Mutaflor (and BioKult) in a pill form about half an hour before breakfast on an empty stomach. I've recently started taking it with a squeeze of lemon juice in water. Who really knows if the Mutaflor is finding 'fertile soil'? Heres hoping! Peter
  4. P

Hi Lucy, I took the full course of Erytho - 7 days on, 7 days off and then 7 days on. After the first lot I recovered quicker than the second lot. As for what caused what I'm not entirely sure, but this is what I do know. Firstly some history, prior to Erytho, I did some DMPS chelation for...
  5. P

Hi Everyone, This is just an update to let people know how I went. Well, the antibiotic treat (Erythromycin) actually made things worse. So in my humble opinion, I don't this was a great idea. My gut was really playing up, indigestion, aching, energy levels real low, aching muscles...
  6. P

I don't really know what's go on here. The Metametrix test places the samples in Formalin and uses DNA analysis. "Formalin immediately kills all organisms, freezing the exact balance present at the time of collection. Since DNA identification is only looking for the genes of the...
  7. P

With respect to the differences between the Metametrix and Bioscreen stool tests, I've been thinking that the collection methods may have something to do with it. With Bioscreen, you place the sample in a tube (no additives) and then put the tube in a plastic bag. The bag is made air tight...
  8. P

Thanks Waverunner, I may have to try the Mutaflor sooner that what I thought because I haven't handled the first week of antibiotics that well. I've been getting palpitations (esp early in the morning), weaker muscles that usual, muscle twitching is worse, indigestion and generally not a very...
  9. P

Hi Everyone, I'm new to this forum, but have suffered from Chonic Fatigue symptoms for quite a few years. (starting from 1998) Having looked through this website and the web in general, I'm starting to realise that the gut is quite important to recovery. I did some Metametrix Stool tests...