• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. N

Wessely honoured with a knighthood for his work for GWS and ME

Thanks for your thoughts. Did you enjoy your breakfast?
  2. N

I very much doubt we will wake up in enough numbers to make a difference, our democracy supplies tyranny after tyranny using zombie science par excellence and we have not yet stopped them.
  3. N

this is going to 'go' isn't it? I agree with the view Alex has concerning the current/past stance in the UK. Best not to look coz if you do, you can't "un-look".
  4. N

Sorry Barbc56, I took the bait and got distracted by the 'eugenics' word. Yes psychiatry may have the opposite point of view, even if it is/was a silent or silenced point of view. Its a huge subject that cannot take place on this thread. I want to know more about Sir whatshisname so I'm stopping...
  5. N

Sometimes I feel like livestock - I need special documents to leave my country of residency (if I could get through my front door), my title is registered, I need ID for anything, I am subjected to cruel treatment, and IVI eats me for breakfast when I post. Granted, I am "free range" in that I...
  6. N

Are you saying that eugenics is a thing of the past and its not something that we should bother about. Is this a "nothing to see here" moment? So relieved you have let me know that Eugenics WAS a popular idea, and that it can put down to post modernism, is that because there are no in-your-face...
  7. N

Lady Mar writes to Prof Wessely

I don't mind reading your views, I just disagree with you - I don't feel your views concerning SW widen the horizon, on the contrary, they narrow the field of view and generate disagreement - I have spent years listening to well meaning individuals (shrinks not included) and it aint got me...
  8. N

Holmsey not looking for any apology, as you rightly say, I took offense and that's my problem - shouldn't be on a forum if you can't take a bit of crap now and then. Your opinion is as valid as mine, not your fault you are wrong.
  9. N

Thank you. Still do not agree with you or IVI. I'd love to spend a while dissecting your reasoning too - not up to it. Hope you are never on the receiving end of shrinkology. Ref the rituximab - yes it is a serious drug. If it works, I will take it - my point was that the antidepressants did...
  10. N

I am unsure as to the motive behind the suggestion proffered that I should not pursue, in any direction I choose, my belief that SW is central to many of the problems encountered by people with ME and that he is unworthy of spending my money (via taxation) for his research using his illness...
  11. N

The knighthood is to be 'awarded' (rewarded) for his efforts to downplay, hide, coverup and bury GWS at the expense of GW1 troops. It would be interesting to discover who proposed him. The award is not for his efforts to downplay, hide and coverup ME - he is failing miserably at that. Just goes...
  12. N

Are we discussing 'Sir' SW? Hope she slips with the sword.
  13. N

Professor Simon Wessely says he is misunderstood

Please tell me SW DID say the "warzone" thing ..........
  14. N

Professor Simon Wessely says he is misunderstood

Wildcat & maryb - yes. If events play out in their usual format then we are probably about to witness another battering from the media and SW. SW has successfully got it into the collective minds of the masses that ME/CFS patients are extremists and dangerous - will this mean when we confront...
  15. N

Simon Wessely wins prize for "Standing Up For Science."

Playing by the rules is not something many of us have the time or strength to do. Communicating with MP's, whilst being the advertised method of getting something done, is futile - we would not be here if chatting with our representatives would improve our collective position. I shudder to...
  16. N

last line of his quote "And also just think for a moment who is it that is misleading you, cos I am afraid it ain’t me." If it is not Wessely, then who does Wessely suggest is doing the misleading? Is he seriously suggesting that the last 20 years of his reign as the god of science where...
  17. N

Brilliant and yet strangely familiar.
  18. N

Pay More Attention to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) in the Media

SilverbladeTE - "but he is to a fair extent, responsible for stopping the entire damn thing collapsing, whether some folks like that or not." the entire damn thing is STILL collapsing - nothing has changed or been fixed - $16trillion and counting - Obama or Romney - it is the same thing - ie...
  19. N

I do but I will be in a court of law if I write the words I am feeling - I am beginning to wonder if it would be worthwhile challenging Wessely - I am already a living corpse, what else could they do to me? Nature - Ha, the propaganda message is as strong as ever - tosspots the lot of them...
  20. N

CFS and vaccination - secret papers deny funding.

Hi Mr Alex3619, it is not a rumour - Behan said this at the 1992 CIBA meeting - It is FACT.