• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

Interpreting results for recovery

hey thanks for your message :) I'm female, BMI 20 so not really any need to lose weight! My estrogen has always been high and my genetic report suggests that I have issues metabolising estrogen - I wondered if this could be the cause of high levels. At this stage I'm really looking at causes of...
  2. S

Interpreting results for recovery

Hey everyone…I am making some progress with my mitochondrial function from 25% to 65% in 18 months with supplements for mitochondrial support and methylation. I feel that the methylation has definitely been key to my improvement. I am really keen to learn how my genes will limit my recovery...
  3. S

Weight gain + anaemia on methylation protocol

help! I have been on the methylation protocol with a few other supplements for approx 4 months and I am noticing that I am putting on weight really easily despite eating a low carb diet and controlling my intake. I look like I am on steroids, my face is bloated. If am not really careful what I...
  4. S

Folate: which one + what dose + what ratio with B12 + which B12 ?

Thanks Dr Rich (and others) still a little confused (brain fog!) the protocols say folinic acid (5-formyl THF) and Dr Rich you suggest "at least including some L5-methyl THF". I have been on the protocol for a few months and taking 800mcg L5-methyl THF only and wondered if I should include...
  5. S

Folate: which one + what dose + what ratio with B12 + which B12 ?

Dr Rich, * L-5-methyltetrahydrofolate (L-5-MTHF) * 5-formyltetrahydrofolate (5-formyl THF) Which of the above forms of folate is best, or is better to take both? What is the maximum optimal dose to build up to (for each form if we take both)? Is there a maximum upper safe limit we...
  6. S

Metabolic Analysis Results

Thank you :) Thank you so much Dr Rich! Your time and skill in providing such a detailed response is appreciated beyond words! My test results always amaze me as despite taking truck loads of vitamins I always seem to be deficient. Since the test I am now supplementing daily with CoQ10...
  7. S

Metabolic Analysis Results

help with results :) Hello.... I am in a similar position to RosieBee, before starting the methylation protocol I had the Metabolic Analysis Profile test done, I didn't realise about the methylation panel at the time :( I have yet to glean any meaningful interpretation of the results so I...