• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. ozikiwi

Dental hygiene

Oh boy I have totally upset the order of these replies.......sorry peeps! I wrote my response to SOS yest but forgot to send. So I pressed 'send' and it tagged onto Richard's contribution.......mama mia! Anyway, bottom line is thanks for sharing your experiences Richard & the link..........very...
  2. ozikiwi

Dental hygiene

Ahhh......SOS.....finally somebody telling me what I want to hear! I had poor dental hygiene before I got ME and being 60 and at the far end of the spectrum, I feel dental work is not a priority - esp financially.
  3. ozikiwi

Dental hygiene

Ahhh......SOS.....finally somebody telling me what I want to hear! I had poor dental hygiene before I got ME and being 60 and at the far end of the spectrum, I feel dental work is not a priority - esp financially.
  4. ozikiwi

Dental hygiene

Who believes their dental hygiene affects their ME/CFS?
  5. ozikiwi

Flying with Vertigo

Thanks Sushi. Managed to see my doc today and she gave me some anti-nausea pills.........so on the plane I get........yay!
  6. ozikiwi

Flying with Vertigo

Thanks for that info, Mary..........and your warm wishes. People on here are so caring & helpful! :)
  7. ozikiwi

Flying with Vertigo

I've been sea-sick before but it wasn't vertigo.........and I seem to be fine with all other modes of transport. Thanks for all your tips SOS.........shall take them on board!
  8. ozikiwi

Flying with Vertigo

Thanks for your response Rosie........and great to get some personal experience.........much appreciated.
  9. ozikiwi

Flying with Vertigo

Hi people, I'm having a particularly bad dose of vertigo atm and am supposed to be flying on Monday. I've been feeling pretty well the past 3 to 4 weeks, so thought I'd be fine for a family reunion and my first flight in 6 years..........but now I'm not so sure. Got my ears syringed yesterday...
  10. ozikiwi

Headaches!

Thanks for your response Tania but it's not an ice headache......plus the bottle's been at room temperature the past coupla days or so. I'm just wondering if there's a biological or scientific reason relating to ingesting CO2, thereby increasing the amount of CO2 in the bloodstream......this...
  11. ozikiwi

Headaches!

Does anyone experience a headache after drinking carbonated water (aka soda water & sparkling water)?
  12. ozikiwi

Disability in Australia

Thank you all for sharing your experiences and passing on valuable information.......extremely appreciated!
  13. ozikiwi

Disability in Australia

PS I forgot to ask where do I find the people to attach my tag to?
  14. ozikiwi

Disability in Australia

Thankyou SO much again Sea for that vital information.......I shall do everything you suggested. Can I ask when did you apply.....and did you have to see other professionals as part of the process........and how long did it take to be accepted? I think it's taken some people months if not years...
  15. ozikiwi

Disability in Australia

Hi again Sea, Have scanned the info you sent me but am wondering if it's your own doctor who does the Impairment Rating or does Centrelink make those decisions garnered from a letter or medical certificate from your doc? K
  16. ozikiwi

Disability in Australia

Thanks Sea.......I shall get onto those links pronto.........much appreciated!
  17. ozikiwi

Disability in Australia

+ Hi y'all! I'm an Australian living in NZ but planning to head back home. I'm already on the Invalid's Benefit here but will still have to apply for the Disability Benefit over there. I get the impression it's pretty tough to qualify......and was wondering if people would mind sharing their...
  18. ozikiwi

Employment

Thank you all for your interesting input! I have had a bit to do with ESOL pre CFS and would love to set up some kind of on-line business......just not sure where or how to start. Again, any pearls of wisdom most graciously accepted!
  19. ozikiwi

Employment

Thanks SOS.......I hear ya!
  20. ozikiwi

Employment

Thank you both SOC and Minkey for your input.......most valuable!
  21. ozikiwi

Employment

Does anyone have any good ideas or experience re working from home? Thanks.
  22. ozikiwi

Allergies

Thanks for your input mary.......much appreciated!
  23. ozikiwi

Allergies

I've never had an allergy to anything my entire life..........until this week when I used a vacuum cleaner I've been using for the past 6 years! Anyone else have allergies suddenly thrust upon them from left field? And is this related to my cfs of 4 years??? All responses gratefully accepted!
  24. ozikiwi

Reversed energy levels!

Thank you both SOS and Snowdrop. I value your input and advice......and agree I prob need to be more aware of my adrenal function and resting regime. After having 'worked' every afternoon this week at the rest home, I am once again convinced of my limitations......unlike the amount of need going...
  25. ozikiwi

Reversed energy levels!

Thanks SO much for your detailed response, Snowdrop......I'm just sorry my story sounds so confusing......though in reality it's probably just a reflection of where I'm at, at the mo. Basically, when I'm doing, I cope.........when I'm having a total bed-rest day, I often feel worse. Having said...
  26. ozikiwi

Reversed energy levels!

Thanks everyone for the time & energy to respond to my query! I seem to hit multiple walls during some physical activity, but push through. It usually results in immediate lethargy that only seems to last a coupla hours. Is that CFS-esque? And then on a day I do nothing but sit around (eg at a...
  27. ozikiwi

Finger nails

I have recurring finger-nail splitting.........mean anything?
  28. ozikiwi

Reversed energy levels!

Thanks for your input SL.......much appreciated. I googled Adrenaline and it made sense to me, but does that mean I don't actually have CFS?
  29. ozikiwi

Reversed energy levels!

Why do I feel better while I'm actually exerting energy than I do if I spend the day sitting around or in bed???
  30. ozikiwi

How do you feel after you eat?

Yeah Junto I've also wondered if others experience post-meal symptoms. Doesn't matter what I eat or drink, I just feel SO exhausted straight after........bizarre! And like you, I get the very uncomfortable bloating a coupla hours later. Are these all normal/common CFS symptoms?