• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. A

Live chat about xmrv tomorrow

Thanks for posting these additional pieces of insight, Bob. While it's true that the whole XMRV saga does seem to have legitimized ME/CFS in the eyes of many in the research community, and there does seem to be a lot more research going on as a result, the BWG's finding means that a fundamental...
  2. A

Here is the complete chat: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: Science and Controversy Thursday September 22, 2011 3:02 Martin Enserink: Hello everybody and welcome to this chat, where we will talk about chronic fatigue syndrome, or CFS. There are new data to discuss: Today, Science published the...
  3. A

Does anyone know if it's allowed to post the content of this chat here? I've saved the entire chat and could post it here, but I don't want to do so if this would be violating any copyrights or other IP constraints.
  4. A

They did respond to my question. I asked how they could explain the study showing the progression of XRMV in rhesus macaque monkeys, given that they believe they've proven that XMRV cannot live in human blood or tissue. They said that the rhesus monkey study was flawed due to contamination too.
  5. A

I agree. In the chat, Jay Levy sounded like he's concluded that because this XMRV study failed to confirm the WPI and Alter/Lo studies, there can't possibly be any pathogens, viral or otherwise, which are persistent and causing the illness. Pretty big leap, it seems to me. And from that he's...
  6. A

The abstract of the Blood Working Group's new study is here: http://www.sciencemag.org/content/early/2011/09/21/science.1213841.abstract
  7. A

I've been watching this chat. Jay Levy and Michael Busch are responding to questions about the Blood Working Group's study, which they believe proves that XMRV cannot infect humans, and that the WPI study and the Alter/Lo study were flawed due to contamination. They claim that Judy Mikovits...