• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. F

Why does Red Bull help with Freddd's protocol?

It's the taurine -- it is part of the protocol. The taurine is part of the protocol - you can also take it as a supplement.
  2. F

Dr. Cheney Warns Against Long-term Use of SSRIs and Stimulants

I have taken an SSRI (escitalopram) for about 20 years, 12 before CFS and 8 since. For me it has been one of the best things to ever happen to me in my life - this SSRI is particularly effective against social anxiety, which had pretty much made my life miserable. It eliminated about 95% of my...
  3. F

Started Freddd Protocol about a week ago...

Have you ever tried Lexapro (antidepressant, SSRI) for the social phobia? I had severe social phobia long before CFS & Lexapro changed my life.
  4. F

Active B12 Protocol Basics

I am about four weeks into the active protocol with positive if not huge results to date, and have now several questions: 1. My understanding from one of Freddd's post is that the metafolin/methyl B-12 sequencing is metafolin 15 minutes before and after each meal, then methyl B-12 some time...
  5. F

shocked by what hubby and counselor said at my vist and sad : ( any advice?

So sorry for you and I can relate --my wife is mostly understanding and supportive then one time she just won't get it; and then it hurts so much isn't it bad enough that you can't do what you want to and used to be able to do let alone then to have to suffer the aded pain of being criticized...
  6. F

Vasopressin - Bingo

May be true for many, but I think there are a lot like me that suffer CFS but not OI.
  7. F

When methylation is corrected... Does it release stored toxins? How do we "mop-up"?

I could not agree more about the genetic tests... on the one hand I read on PR that it is almost essential so you know how to apply a protocol and on the other hand I read other sites that say that the current state of genetic testing offered to the public produces meaningless results - like one...
  8. F

Improving ability to study

Adderol helped keep me functioning at work and studies have demonstrated it's effectiveness u In increasing cognitive function of cfs individuals.
  9. F

Hair Mineral Testing

I agree - the "science" behind hair analysis has been thoroughly discredited and I hate to see people make treatment decisions based upon such misleading information.
  10. F

Significantly worse after concentrating/focusing?

I have same problem, reading for more than 10-15 minutes tires me horribly. Best thing I have found for coping is to work in short, intense bursts with rest periods as needed in between.
  11. F

Spring is Coming - Anyone want to share Weight loss protcols?

I have also had very good luck with a paleo variant -- it is relatively low carb -no grain, beans, peas, potatoes - but I do eat many vegetables with moderate carbs plus all kinds of fruit (no citrus or juice). I think for most people avoiding fat for weight loss purposes is over-rated -- I am...