• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. N

Question on TMG/betaine and methylation

Okay, you have to explain to me why that would be beneficial to take phos ethanolamine as opposed to phos chol. The transporter will not pick up phosphatidylcholine to take it into the mitochondria so I'm not following you. Are you suggesting a way to bypass the transporter to get phos chol...
  2. N

Rich, Since choline itself is not well absorbed (and that is data collected via Dr Zeisel at University of North Carolina), phosphatidylcholine is the supplement version of choline. We have pumped me with as much phosphatidylcholine as possible, however if the transporter won't pick it up, it...
  3. N

I have to take TMG! Hi, I have the first documented case of a Betaine deficiency (TMG). My homocysteine was high so I went to Dr Mudd here at NIH in bethesda, md. How high was your homocysteine and what polymorphism do you have? What caused your high homocysteine? My homocysteine was 45...
  4. N

Anyone have Access to this Article?

Got it! Thanks. You're the best. ---Nitekitty
  5. N

Anyone have Access to this Article?

Do any of you have any subscriptions to medical journals that would grant you access to the article entitled: "Relationships between immunity and dietary and serum antioxidants, trace metals, B vitamins, and homocysteine in elderly men and women" ? I'm trying to find the section that...