• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. R

coming off duloxetine

Hi, I took an AD once before I quit klonopin. The cymbalta was added for a stupid reason, I was in "tolerance" (side effects) on a benzo and the doctor of course didn't recognize it and I learned the hard way. Long story short, when I found out what a benzo was I quit and realized I should...
  2. R

How do we treat severe insomnia for cfs/me

Hi Sammy, yes, it seems you do have the effects from the cipro. As far as what to do with the long term effects? Are you still on cipro and have the effects or you're off cipro and have the effects? I met 3 people with fluoro side effects. Two had tendon rupture and one more central nervous...
  3. R

I'm sure someone else will chime in with more here. I'll tell you what I do know. I took Atarax once. It helped for sleep. It was different, stronger then benadryl or gravol as it is prescription but I can't say from personal experience if it would continue helping longterm although people I...
  4. R

Hi Calathea, I'm sorry. I never answered you on that. I really wouldn't know what to say to start one in all senses. Many members on the forums I worked at were knowledgeable in the psychotropics and painkillers, (people not abusing medication but taking as prescribed), and found those...
  5. R

Thanks Sing!! And there are not near enough groups like this, they tell the truth. This is what they do, it's their job and what they specialize in. As Sing said, facts on efficacy, side effects, and dangers in regards to drugs is 100% what they research. I'm really glad you find this helpful...
  6. R

Rapid thought process and body tremors or like, low level vibrating?

Hey you!! I just saw you, I'd missed you. No, it's not grounding as in electricity. These types of tremor are actually not uncommon for people with chronic bacteria infections believe it or not. I mean, it's obvious that it's in you and not from an exterior force. When I got hit with the strong...
  7. R

Hey L'engle, I'm on doxy for mycoplasmas and coinfections. I'm following Dr. Nicolson's protocol. I had saline implants explanted and I got CFS symptoms from them and further research took me to many women getting auto immune and CFS, fibro, lupus, from the bacteria around the implants if they...
  8. R

Does anyone get these? It's utterly neurological, not anything psychological. My thought process goes way to fast constantly like something is reaking havoc on my brain. And even sitting, I feel pulsing and cursing through my body, my veins. It's like I am always trembling. Like a low hum...
  9. R

Cheers Heapsreal!!! :) Is it sunny where you are right now? Maybe that will put me too sleep. I'm getting on a flight! You got it. She's got the nail on the head Tania! Switching out. I might add, 5 - 7 days has been known to be enough time for the brain to change with a benzo and z-drug. 3...
  10. R

Hi Sing, you're welcome. I'm glad that you found this information helpful. As I said, I am not super familiar with Gabapentin other than what you guys already know. I'm right beside all of you there. As well in that it "enhances" our natural GABA chemical on some aspect but it doesn't seem to go...
  11. R

Hi Sammy, ciprofloxin is a fluoroquinoline. There's many different names of this particular antibiotic. Levaquin, ciprofloxin, and more names. It's not your imagination if that is what you are experiencing with Cipro. When you look at the top left anxiety and insomnia are a side effect and the...
  12. R

I understand. Gosh I wish you weren't having symptoms. And all the more reason to check with those that came off you know? So you can get a closer picture where you are at with it. Maybe it will be easier to handle. I don't know the cycle of gabapentin symtpoms if that's what they are Calathea...
  13. R

Oh gosh no. I misread, I thought you meant you were still reducing 300mg per week STILL. Then perhaps slowing it down would have been the answer but that said, I always recommend checking with those familiar with the specific drug you are enquiring about. That's the best way to go with meds...
  14. R

Hey Calathea, gosh, I'm sorry about the trouble with Gabapentin you're having. You don't need anything to complicate already being sick. I knew it had a withdrawal for many but I didn't know it was as physical as it obviously is. It could be why you have insomnia as MANY get that coming off of...
  15. R

Hey heapsreal!! (((((HI)))))))). That's a cyber hug. I truly adore Aussies. :) I thought you were an Aussie lol. You're not getting it lol. That's okay. I don't believe people can improve without sleep either. I could not agree more with you. I really couldn't. And THANKYOU FOR LETTING ME SHARE...
  16. R

Hey Heapsreal!! I was just explaining side effects that many are unaware of. :) You're right in that long term they prevent the deep stages. Just so you know "Progesterone enhances gaba receptor sensitivity has nothing to do with fixing a damaged GABA receptors" It "acts" on GABA receptors...
  17. R

Listing facts that many aren't aware of isn't personal. I am NOT saying, do not take benzos or z-drugs. Yes, saying these substances affecting us personally is why I made sure to say the side effects depend on genetics as to if it happens. It does 30-50% of the time and one of the only doctors...
  18. R

Hi Calathea, gabapentin ( aka nuerontin) is known for having a withdrawal in the benzo community. They nicknamed it new rotten because of it. It's also common as you experienced, not being told. I'm sorry about that. I'm glad you found that info helpful. As far as you questioning, drugs to...
  19. R

I've just learned about the darkness therapy, I've heard it referrenced but I didn't know the specifics. I'm going to read that link. Computers are definitely a "no" before bed lol. You're not overreacting with those meds. If you take the temazepam just on occasion, it's not consistent enough to...
  20. R

A collection of brain and head,eye,ear symptoms. Anyone same?

Okay, I get you. Yes, if one can use just the herbs it's always healthier. I am going to get Olive Leaf for the viral side. It's so expensive to test for much of this and the mycoplasma test was $395.00. All that I can afford. At least for now. So the viral side I'll treat as if I had it, with...
  21. R

I just want to add, google any one of those names in the last paragraph of reply#17 and add "and benzodiazipines" behind the name. You will see how they are involved and promoting awareness. Here is what the Earl of Sandwich (who's family member is still recovering from physical side effects)...
  22. R

Okay, you take those supplements. Melatonin didn't cut it for me but maybe the 3 together might. Thankyou for your recipe. I appreciate it. I could get some pretty big hangovers when I took klonopin too. And benadryl. I still take benadryl sometimes though. I don't take anything you listed...
  23. R

Hi Heapsreal! Thankyou for not being offened as it wasn't my intention. I don't have the answer either about improving sleep without some of these meds when one has a neurological cause creating the problem. I'm not getting much. One does what they need to and understandably. I don't want to...
  24. R

insomnia

Valintijn, I just read a lot of research on NAC cancelling out glutamate. I'm glad you suggested that. It's quite a strong anti-oxidant for heavy metals too and I have to eventually get my mercury fillings out which of course only have a neg affect on things as well. So you take, extended...
  25. R

It just goes to show.........

Hi ladies!! Thankyou for the definitions of PEM Taniaaust1 and Francelle. I have this, since July 2011 and it's steady, not waxing and waning. That's when I got really sick and more symptoms came in at 8 weeks. There's is NO way I can do daily life right now and I was a goer. And good one...
  26. R

Ringing in ears

Okay so it's inflammation, neuro inflammation. I'm glad to get educated here from all of you. Now that makes sense. Because, my brain literally feels fried. This can't be good for the brain that's for sure.
  27. R

I'm very sorry you've been sick with this for many years and that the coated tongue was new. I hate it. It tastes strange, the whole "habitat" in my mouth feels and tastes awful. Do you think maybe it could have been too short a treatment with the Doxy? In his info on it, it says many don't...
  28. R

Hey xchocohic! I luv your name. lol. Theanine helps for sleep? I've never even tried it. I have some. 100-300mg. Really? I should try that. Eye yi yi!! Cheney doesn't understand benzos or their mechanism of action. They can actually cause functional brain and cns injury. Wow. It's very...
  29. R

I'm not disputing here, that's not my intention or motive for posting. I'm warning about the side effects that's all. Peter Breggin, the Author of "Your Drug May Be your problem", is the "expert witness" used by my attorney in benzo cases regarding this. He gets a lot of wins. He wins proving...
  30. R

Hi Taniaaust1!! Thanks for coming by. Before I came here I went to a breast support forum. There as so so many of us nationally, globally. I started to research online as those of us getting Sjogren's diagnosis, CFS, Lupus didn't make sense in that "what" is causing these? It was eye opener to...