• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. ahmo

Is There Really Such a Thing as Sulfur Intolerance? (Minich, 2018)

I can't do sulfur. My mother was allergic to sulfa in drugs. I can't eat sulfurous foods. I might have a small amount, but if I do it 2 days in a row, I will have skin outbreaks. This is only since ME.
  2. ahmo

3 ways your body generates energy

I used DRibose for a time. I think it pushed me into a psychotic episode, which is called delerium, since it was on off. Also, it would still be years until I found a pathway to correct my chemistry with the proper supps. I came to think the ribose was a poor choice for something that needed...
  3. ahmo

Treatments for Cognitive dysfunction with anxiety

I tend to be slightly headachey in the AM. I've been using intranasal insulin for a few years, mixed w/ saline. It seems a good remedy. But I live in Medicare for all country, so it's cheap. 5 vials last me a year. I'm not sure it's doing much these days, but I continue with it...
  4. ahmo

What has improved your quality of life?

GAPS diet, 3 year ongoing detox, including metals. Much better after. Still very limited energy, but the surrounding symptoms that made me miserable were not oppressing me. Resting, pacing, eventually accepting that I've been sidelined from life, and then appreciating that.
  5. ahmo

Who has ruled out Lyme disease and heavy metal toxicity?

I followed Deitrich Klinghardt's protocol. I wrote a few posts on my blog, especially the first 2. Different substances to cause the elimination, and coffee enemas to get it out. I went low and slow, so it was not too uncomfortable. Klinghardt talks about toxic metals occupying the zinc...
  6. ahmo

Methyl Trap and Over Methylation

It's now a long time since you posted this. Yes, try B12. But I reckon you've probably gotten over it by now. Can't say more than your quote from me. be well.
  7. ahmo

Fermented foods and rashes?

It took me a long time to understand my histamine issues. I stopped all fermented foods, and many more things. I'm still prone to skin outbreaks, but nothing like before. There's a lot of histamine info at https://healinghistamine.com/, and many other places. NB Yasmina, lowhistaminechef, is no...
  8. ahmo

Who has ruled out Lyme disease and heavy metal toxicity?

I spent 3 years detoxxing metals and other stuff. By the end of that, I was much more stable, CNS more relaxed. No indications I've got Lyme.
  9. ahmo

What is important to know when having an overactive immune system and whether taking vaccines?

No. And no one could know. I know that my system is fragile, I've worked years to establish an equilibrium, and given that I live in an area that hasn't had any cases for a year, and, as I said, am reclusive, I'm not willing to risk provoking my immune system. It took me 3 years to overcome the...
  10. ahmo

Anybody else using DIY transdermal B12?

Hey @Lowb12 Thanks for this. very interesting. And it's a bit cheaper than the other....oh, and available at pharmacies. I'll give it a try when my current supply is finished.:)
  11. ahmo

What is important to know when having an overactive immune system and whether taking vaccines?

I have had sequential autoimmune issues since teenaged. I spoke w/ my GP, he agreed w/ my decision that vaccine poses risks for me. Too easy to set off some new problem. Also, I'm essentially a recluse. Don't mix w/ people, go out for shopping and health appts, wear a mask when it's directed in...
  12. ahmo

@Lowb12 I was part of a group buy of B12 powder a few years ago, which I made into nasal spray. I liked that a lot. But when there wasn't another group buy, I purchased on my own, and found it v expensive. I've now been using B12 oils for a year or two. I haven't had the energy to go back to DIY...
  13. ahmo

@Lowb12 I'm now using B12oils. Australian, so cheap shipping for me. https://www.b12oils.com/ I used intranasal for a time, part of a group buy for B12 powder. When that ran out, I switched to the oil, ran out of willingness to go DIY transdermal. The comment to use lotion tallies w/ my experience.
  14. ahmo

Recommended Supplements for Mast Cell Flares

I use royal jelly daily, and mangosteen when I have a flare.
  15. ahmo

Can't sleep at all

16. ahmo

Any good no prescription pharmacies that sell Low Dose Naltrexone?

alldaychemist, in India. 50mg naltrexone tabs.
  17. ahmo

Can't sleep at all

Hey danny, glad to hear this time things are going better.:hug:
  18. ahmo

Causes of MCAS?

@hb8847 Many articles and vids at http://mastcellmaster.com/
  19. ahmo

Can't sleep at all

Sorry Dan, didn't see this before. It was a lot of B12. I've gone through so many types, and I have such poor memory...but initially I think I was taking 3 B12 tabs sublingually 3x/day. I got there from Freddd's protocol. I just looked at iherb. Possibly Country Life or Source Naturals...
  20. ahmo

Coffee Enemas!!

Hi @Pauline91 My detox took nearly 4 years. It didn't shift the baseline ME, but I essentially eliminated all the noxious symptoms I had, including histamine and nervous system. I read in Dietrich Klinghardt's protocol that toxic metals bind to the zinc receptors. When I reached the end of my...
  21. ahmo

Who'd Have Thunk It? Bernie Sanders study reveals Americans pay four times more for medicine compared to wealthy countries

I'm California raised, living in Aus nearly half my life now. Could not imagine being sick in US. Well, actually, when I was first struggling w/ ME I constantly thought that if I was in US I wouldn't be able to go on. Anyway, let's hope health care reform hasn't been lost in the pile of ToDo...
  22. ahmo

Hypothalamic lesion and Excessive Daytime Sleepiness (SLE 2018)

Thanks @pattismith. I used hypothalamic glandular for a few years. Initially, it stopped my severe reaction to heat. I also took pituitary, hoping for improved sleep, and adrenal glandular. Adrenal is the only once I continue, down from twice a day to one. I don't know that I have EDD, but I'm...
  23. ahmo

Can't sleep at all

Vitamin B12 seems to have been a big contributor to my awful insomnia during my first 8 years of ME. Once I got to a theraputic level, sleep became much better. y ‬ http://www.b12deficiency.info/ This site was created as a hub to bring all the key websites on vitamin B12 deficiency...
  24. ahmo

How to say that you don't have energy to do something without sounding lazy?

@Hipsman Several years ago someone posted a way of relating to people who don't understand. Imagine you're wearing a suit filled with sand. And imagine trying to do any activity w/ that extra burden of weight. I can't remember if it was a vid or a text thread. I found it a very apt metaphor...
  25. ahmo

Calling all foot bath and transdermal nutrient users - I need help

@strepliferuiner I relied a lot on footbaths while detoxing, also to relieve histamine problems. Check my blog for some more specific info. I put all kinds of things into the footbaths. Also improvised my own B12 transdermal. Now using B12oils, a formula of transdermal B12.
  26. ahmo

Has anyone had success with Herpes family viruses without western medicine?

@Davsey27 I've been seeing a TCM herbalist. I didn't go for herpes or ME, but the herbs he put me on have been very helpful, have improved my foundation. When I've had herpes during this time of seeing him, he uses it as a data point for how I'm doing, changes the formula when needed. I used to...
  27. ahmo

Is your Hypothalamus up the creek?

Footbaths were warm, used for varieties of detox. Cold therapy is not my cuppa tea.
  28. ahmo

Is your worst fatigue in the morning too?

Poor in the AM, peak energy around 3-4.
  29. ahmo

Is your Hypothalamus up the creek?

I had good results from hypothalamus glandular. I was having severe reactions when going out into heat. After a bit of research, I started on hypothalamus. Withing hours I was no longer hyperventilating when going out into heat. I suded it for several years. Also used pituitary, which seemed to...