• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. F

waking in the night with major anxiety

Thanks for the info Hip
  2. F

I am in new Zealand and yes we live remote so its scary. I cant drive far either. I have another problem with my appetite. I don't know if you have this too but ive gone completely off my food and have lost a lot of weight and am very thin. I have to keep telling my dr that I am not anorexic...
  3. F

Iv`e just been to see an endocrinologist 2 weeks ago and he said it could be thyroid. I am menopausal too. melatonin doesn`t agree with me. ive tried magnesium. im waiting to hear back from endo to see if he wants to do more tests but up to now all my thyroid tests come back normal but haven`t...
  4. F

thanks just for your reply. yes im taking zopiclone but ive been taking it for such a long time and never had any probs like this before. It really got worse after we came back from the uk in may. I think the long haulk trip did me in. ive read Hips thread and did get some turmeric but am...
  5. F

thankyou. ill hang in and let you know.
  6. F

ok so don`t feel any better today even after not taking escitalopram. think im having a major crash or iv`e got a bug. Bp very high today. iv`e ordered some l theanine to se if that might do it. Got a fever still. just feels like a mjor crash plus anxiety on top. backache bad. fibro on top. Yuk...
  7. F

yes I will. It could be I`ve got a bit of a bug going on as ive got a fever and very bad backache now. I`ll let you know.
  8. F

Sorry!! I did something wrong when replying. what a twit! That's what sleep dep etc etc does! yes I won`t take it tonight. im a bit scared too anyway after today. Thanks
  9. F

well I am menopausal so im wondering if that's got something to do with it. Not heard of L theanine but will look on I herb for it. its very nasty. never knew anxiety could make you feel this bad at all.
  10. F

yes im thinking that too but my gp said they were ok to take together. not going to take escitalpram tonight. been back to bed but still feel just the same. I really need to get onto this. I hope I don't end up in ED today
  11. F

I wondered if it could be the zopiclone but I only take alittle amount so not sure and iv`e been taking it for so long and never had this before. it is so debilitating. I feel like im dying today .literally..! feels like my whole body is wired but im so tired at the same time. this has been...
  12. F

I think it`s real anxiety but I also have very bad tachycardia. have had it monitored using a monitor but every thing comes back normal. I think it`s anxiety due to feeling so unwell and knowing what`s coming up the next day but this morning is truly awful. I keep coming out in a hot sweat with...
  13. F

so I have just started taking escitalopram. 1/4 every other night. took one last night after waking every hour from 9.30 have been awake since 2pm with major anxiety.Surely it can`t be 1.4 of the med that`s done it today. I have really bad tummy cramps and feel so so tired now. The anxiety is...
  14. F

venlafaxine

thanks for the info. I`ll look into those. I`ve not heard of relora but heard of withania.By the way. I see you are in Australia. Im in new Zealand. Do you kn ow any where to get LDN in aussie or Nz. im wanting to try it but no one is really onto that here. Plus do you know of any good cfs...
  15. F

venlafaxine

I really like your saying. I feel more reassured about taking that low dose of 2.5 mg now.it def won`t get rid of cfs but i fit improves my anxiety and ability to deal with the crap of cfs then i`ll be truly grateful for it! Do you know much about turmeric as a supplement for anxiety .just asking!
  16. F

venlafaxine

I did take 2.5mg to start the other nigh as I can cut them up.t. Do you mean the maximum dose would be 2.5 -5mg Lexapro or is that the starting dose you meant. if it is then I`m starting low and slow like you say if I carry on with them. Thankyou:)
  17. F

venlafaxine

Decided not to take it after all. too many scary stories. am now going to try escitalopram but ive also bought some herbs that someone posted on a link.Any one also got terrible headaches aspart ofME andbad neck pain/ Could be related to my anxiety issues but very debilitating.
  18. F

venlafaxine

Thankyou for the info. Dr now wants me to try escitalopram. to start slowly like 1/4 of 10mg then work up. I can only give it a go. herbal teas sounds interesting. Like you I`ve tried that many hat they just make me feel worse,
  19. F

venlafaxine

is Cymbalta called duloxetine/?Im not sure its available in New Zealand but ill ask my gp. not sure what he difference is between that and Effexor. my main worry isthat im sensitive to all meds really. had a terrible time with amitryptylline.
  20. F

venlafaxine

Did you have any side effects? what dose did you take? did it help you sleep? Is it hard to come off it. Thanks
  21. F

venlafaxine

Hi all My GP wants me to try 37.5 mg of venlafaxine to see if it will help my anxiety and depression related to my chronic ME. has anyone taken this and had good or bad effects. She says its such a low dose but as I`m very sensitive to any meds in this genre I`m unsure as I know the side effects...
  22. F

Olanzapine-anyone tried it for ME

your ME. I have severe fatigue. Unrefreshed sleep. chronic anxiety because of it. IBS. brain fog. the list goes on and on. All lab work comes back normal. Ive lost loads of weight cos of it over 18 months. ive had it for 9 years but its just got worse over the last 9 months.It started after a...
  23. F

You are so right. im running. Why oh why do they do this to us. I can`t understand it. I was told yesterday that is helps `symptoms` of ME. But being delusional aint one of them in my case! Could you please tell me what you use?
  24. F

Sorry everyone. in my brain fogged state I got it wrong. I meant olanzapine. its an anti psychotic drug I believe. hence I need to change dr......I think
  25. F

My Dr wants me to try clonazapine off label for my ME which is really bad. I have just googled this drug and omg I didn`t realise what class of drug it was. How on earth can a drug like this be prescribed for ME. There is no way I will even consider it given that I am so sensitive to any kind...
  26. F

Weight loss and loss of appetite

I should have bloomin asked them to do a proper assessment. iv e just done the eat-26 test and I don not have an eating disorder!! so next time they bother to ask I will request one. im going to try the other tests now. thanks for the links:)
  27. F

Weight loss and loss of appetite

yes im onto the ginger tea. I also got some ginger capsules. Ive been in touch with Dr jess Armine and he is going to do a Skype consultation with me this week. i hope my regular dr wil be supportive if he does suggest any new meds. I wonder why its always worse am I and evening. This seems to...