• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. P

B12 plateau?

Hi Mogy, I'm happy to report that many of my symptoms have improved significantly. Those that haven't (fatigue and anxiety) may simply be due to current life circumstances. I was surprised (based on how much my symptoms improved) to find that my B12 was not continuing to rise. I am hoping...
  2. P

B12 plateau?

Rich, Thanks for taking the time to familiarize yourself with my previous postings and for the insights!
  3. P

B12 plateau?

Hi all, I have been on sublingual hydroxy b12 for the last 4 months (following a b12 deficiency diagnosis)... slowly increased it up to 2000mcg a day. My serum b12 was tested several times and gradually increased from 150's up to upper 400's on my way up to the 2000mcg. I've continued to...
  4. P

B12 dropping with sublingual supplements? vitamin C interference?

Thanks, this is good to hear! Did you use a probiotic that ended up particularly helping during/after the antibiotic treatments?
  5. P

I have worked my way up to 500mcg/day over the last week and surprisingly my serum levels are now 270, up from 157 only two weeks ago. I realize that's still very low, but am glad to see an increase of any sort at this point. Doctor also ran an h. pylori test, which turned out positive. Not...
  6. P

Sorry for the delayed response, but thanks again nanonug for replying. I'm not sure whether potassium is causing my shaking/muscle twinges at this point- I have been eating very high potassium foods (including blackstrap molasses) and notice no difference. I have extreme calf/hamstring...
  7. P

Hi nanonug, Thanks for replying again. Within minutes of taking methyl b12, I became so sedated that I could barely keep my eyes open, and was forced to lay down until I slowly became more alert over a couple hours. Following this, I noticed a severe decrease in mood, felt like crying (this is...
  8. P

I purchased some potassium, but really like the idea of molasses, thanks for suggesting it. I am also wondering if any of you can tell me whether a negative response to methyl B12 automatically indicates a problem with methylation? (Sorry if this is a silly question - much of the info...
  9. P

Thanks all for taking the time to respond.... will definitely be upping my dosage right away (starting with a combo of hydroxo and dibencozide), and crossing my fingers that I don't have the negative response to it as I did with the larger dose of methylb12.
  10. P

Against my better judgement, I decided to follow the advice of my GP. After finding my B12 to be 205 (mma 0.38, I think), she recommended 2 weeks of 100mcg b12 (no specifications of type/method) and then simply the RDA. We suspected the low levels were due to a nearly vegan diet for 20 years...
  11. P

Low B12 and side effects.

Thanks for the reply, Mogy. I think your suggestion of breaking the methylB12 into smaller amounts is a very good one. I have ordered some more supplements and they should be arriving soon. Can't wait to start feeling healthier!
  12. P

I am slowly coming around to the fact that my body will be healthier with the inclusion of meat. Surprisingly (after 20 years of zero interest) I have been drawn to the smells of various meat sources over the last year or so. I suspect in the coming weeks I will be gradually reintroducing some...
  13. P

Hi Freddd, I appreciate you taking the time to reply. I will continue to read more. I do have one other question, regarding Omega3. Have you heard of anyone using vegetarian-sourced omegas with success? As I have a sensitive stomach and have not yet reintroduced any meat sources into my...
  14. P

non-fish sources of omega 3?

Has anyone tried the Slice of Life Gummy Omega 3-6-9 Fish-free supplement? The company's website says the omegas come from cranberry seed oil rather than fish oil. I've never heard of cranberry seed oil as a source of omegas before.
  15. P

Hi, I should first start by saying that CFS is not a part of my diagnosis, so I hope it's okay that I'm posting here - after much searching, this seems to be one of the best places on the web for folks with b12 knowledge. I am a 33yo F. About a month ago, I went to my doctor with symptoms of...