• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. N

Shortness of breath 24/7 : what would help ?

I have had constant air hunger for 40 years.. I was almost diagnosed with mitral valve prolapse as two doctors hear the clicking in my heart.. i went on coenzyme q10 and the echo showed nothing wrong . I then had to go off the co q10 as I was sensitivie to it...
  2. N

Gulf War Illness, Glia, microtubules and neurodegeneration

It is not only the adjuvant in vaccines that leads to the problems.. Also the nature of the vaccine.. ie live attenuated, inactivated kill .. plus just the toxic components that can end up in a vaccine from being tainted . For example the tetanus vaccine has...
  3. N

From India- EBV positive - Please guide me

I have been treating for epstein barr and other virus using homeopathic nosodes.. ie homeopathics made from the original buggy... I buy them here www.celletech.com or through Homeocan here in Cnanada or www.helios.co.uk I have had releif of long standing...
  4. N

Kidney area pain?

Sian ... Sorry long time .. I found taking at least 100mg P5p helped the pain alot.. I had tried mutaflor but cannot remember at what point ? I had no changes on the mutaflor. I found help for the kidney pain also using homeopathic ecoli and also a kidney...
  5. N

Down to three basic foods

One does not have to show symptoms of masto to have problems with mast cells .. I am like you with only six things i can eat.. I can eat butternut squash, golden delicious peeled apples, maybe pears/ barlett only peeled , white sushi organic rice, and deskinned fresh only...
  6. N

Kidney area pain?

FOr me kidney pain was related between the relationship of oxalate overload plus ecoli .. I had had chronic ecoli infections of my bladder.for 33 years . Often my kidneys would ache but no infection would show up. Upon going on the low oxalate protocal over a year...
  7. N

How do you feel after you eat?

I get the dreaded catatonic sleepys/ depression where I feel drugged .. For me so far this is from ecoli bacteria stirred up in my upper intestine.. I take homeoapthic ecoli and that helps. THe ecoli is stirred up for me when I am treating for other bacteria as...
  8. N

Testing for Difficulty Swallowing

One reason for difficulty swallowing is called dysphagia is from the clostridia botulinum bacteria.. I somehow have this in my gut causing me another problem with motor control called dyspraxia.. I am doing quite well treating with homeoatphic clostridia bot.. having...
  9. N

Molybdenum and Transsulfuration Pathway

Just putting out the info I have on molybdenum.. It affects the copper/zinc balance.. I find zinc supplements can give me nausea.. also may have some affects with mercury?
  10. N

Potassium - how much per day?

Sally.. If you have kidney stones you can find out what kind they are.> If they are oxalate stones then you should be on a low oxalate diet .. There is a yahoo group devoted to this.. Trying low Oxalates.. I am pursuing this to help with chronic fatigue.. Since going...
  11. N

food sensitivity (especially to grains) - how to resolve?

One of the worst aspects of food senistivity is that it is so hard to track down.. THe only thing that worked for me was a total elimation diet.. adding in one thing at a time.. I started with chicken which was thankfully okay.. has to be deskinned and cooked quickly like boiling...
  12. N

food sensitivity (especially to grains) - how to resolve?

There are many food groups one can react to.. or really the chemical found in the food.. salicyalates is the natural pesticide that the plant kingdom manufactures which some people lack the enzyme to break down .. also amines, glutamates, casein, gluten, oxalates, etc .. I made...
  13. N

stiff neck what helps?

I have relief from using a homeoapthic that treats the simian virus.. { a virus I think could lay at the root of my chronic fatigue syndrome } The simian virus was found in some polio vaccines.. I will reedit my post with some links.. I bought the homeoatphic...
  14. N

List your 3 favorite supplements

Great news dmholmes... { my grandparents name was holmes !!! } I am now taking very high doses { up to 80 mg until adding in the form of b6 called p5p has allowed me to decrease that dose } The biotin helps with my candida gut symptoms as well as oxalate related gut...
  15. N

Hypoglycemia in ME/CFS - Myhill

I had severe hypoglycemia.. With my blood sugar down after only half an hour after eating..I suffered from both forms.. Reactive which is dependent on something you eat. And the regular type dependent on the functioning of the pancreas?? SOrry do not know enough about how it...
  16. N

Have you ever had remission from CFS?

I had had crushing fatigue/ social phobia for 35 years . I had been taking 15 mg of biotin for 6 months when I upped it to 40mg. .. I had had major relief of the fatigue with taking the biotin. overnight ... but then after a couple of months of taking 40mg daily and being full of...
  17. N

90% cured from bed bound with Histrelief / Histame / Daosin

What is the difference between taking something like histame and then the drugs called Nalcrom { in Canada } and Gastrocrom { USA } ? http://www.drugs.com/mmx/nalcrom.html My doctor suggested I try taking homeopathic histamine .> IT has helped with my first few trials...
  18. N

how do you manage with stiffness at legs?

My legs/ arms get stiff/ feel like lead/ like they are not apart of me kind of feeling.. when I am having a food reaction.. and when my gut is very leaky with candida.. Even with a pinch of something intolerant my gut gets very tight and my other muscles follow.. Our...
  19. N

Biotin and Methylation

Two weeks later and things have changed. Right after I wrote to you I also had a stall period where my fatigue, anxiety, brain fog,, ie chronic fatigue came back big time. First i wonder that you are taking enough biotin?? I had been taking 15 mg for 6 months.. I had noticed...
  20. N

KPU & Mercury and other Heavy Metal Chelation

I did not read the whole thread.. so excuse if this has already been discussed here. I am adding on that I find with taking the supplements suggested for pyroluria protocal lead my body to dump oxalates. Oxalates can build up in our body to cause a miriad of problems. As one...
  21. N

Biotin and Methylation

I take high doses of biotin and have oxalate problems. It helps alot with my fatigue and with candida problems. WHen a person has oxalate problems , there is often what is called a dumping process whereby the oxalates come out of storage and make a person feel worse. I have...
  22. N

Homeopathy

thanks Madie for your concerns.. I am in canada.. I do not have any foods to make a rotation!// I was eating foods I was sensitive to for so many.. ie 35 years before I knew which ones i could actually tolerate. I am what is called a super responder. So I even have...
  23. N

Homeopathy

Hi Madie Yes I did try adrenal organ homeoapathic.. It did show a slight improvement but not so deep and long last as some of the others I have used. The hypothalamus helped for some reason for me.. It was this organ that also affects adrenal function.. I stopped feeling so...
  24. N

Testing for coxsackie virus. How?

For coxsackie virus some people do very well with symptom control using homeopathic cosxackie. The virus is known to lodge predominantly in the hips so anyone with hip pain and no physical link , coxsackie would be suspect. Freinds have gottten immediate relief with the...
  25. N

List your 3 favorite supplements

Biotin is number one right now .. I started at 15 mg for several months .. noticed improvment > THen someone mentioned higher doses are sometimes needed so I upped it to high dose of 30mg .. energy soared taken from a very low point of 35 years of terrible fatigue in one...
  26. N

Faith Healing Discussion

Not sure if this is the proper place to post this.. An interesting link to Michael Flatley's healing from an undiagnosable fatigue/viral infection.. http://www.independent.ie/health/alternative-health/healer-cured-my-mystery-illness--claims--flatley-1588540.html ..As I feel...
  27. N

Adrenal Issues and treatment problems

I like the purple plate,, www.purpleplate.com Before doing the homeopathy at one point I was not able to sleep past 1 am with adrenal symptoms of high anxiety and panic .. A new neighbour with a strong wireless signal in the apartment next to my bedroom. The...
  28. N

does anyone feel better when they dont eat?

Feeling better not eating for me is because I have many chemical / food intolerances..I have done a total elimination diet to figure out what foods do not cause me any problems.. Being a super resonder I now live on 6 foods.. fortunately , very fortunately a diet that I...
  29. N

Homeopathy

This is the routine I did in the last couple of months using homeopathics which are called nosodes.. using the actual organ of the body rather than the traditional homeopathics. This is the list of the glandulars in homeopathic form all being potency 4 ch and very gradully...