• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. D

Lactulose=1.16, Mannitol= 48.28, b-Glucuronidase =7400 (bad?)

Yes Ive tried many different diets over the last decade. It makes sense that I have some sort of infection. b-Glucuronidase is a bit of a mystery isnt it.
  2. D

Lactulose=1.16, Mannitol= 48.28, b-Glucuronidase =7400 (bad?)

I had a CDSA Level 3 (stool test) and a Lactulose Intestinal permeability test (Leaky gut test) administered at the start of the year. I just got my results back and apparently the results indicate I have quite bad GI problems, which is good news as at least I know whats wrong with me. For...
  3. D

Test for scalp nerve damage/injury - MRI?

I have something wrong on the top right side of my scalp in a small isolated area (1-2inch in diameter) but the pain radiates through my body. Its been painful for 12 months and is easily irritated. Ive been to see 2x neurologists and about 5-6 doctors. I cant get a proper diagnosis, but the...
  4. D

Severe muscle wasting not explained by inactivity?

Yes! I had/have the exact same thing. My doc also attributed it to "disuse" which wasnt the case. In fact, the more i used it, the more my muscles dwindled away. Id be doing weight training to try and alleviate the muscle pain and better my sleep, and it expedited my muscle loss. Im a lot better...
  5. D

Fruit, hypoglycemia and CFS

Had cfs for nearly 15 years. Many years ago started eating a lot of fruit as it was easy to digest and rich in nutrients-- thought it was better than sugar as, like many of us, i craved sweet foods and instant energy. Anyways, i maintained the high fruit diet to the point where it became the...
  6. D

How do we treat severe insomnia for cfs/me

I try to exercise everyday. Not cardio, just weights. I make sure to use every muscle. I also go for a walk every day. Obviously there are days i cant do this, but thats the best method i know and drug free. Also, i have to be sleeping in a cool, quiet room. Good luck
  7. D

Problems with meditation

Hi Lucinda, wow, i almost needed to check to see if i had written your post. Im the same way, im so noise sensitive. It effects my sleep terribly. Ive told me doc and she recommend meditation each time im woken(which ive been doing for years) but its so hard particularly when im so tired. I live...
  8. D

Brisbane Doctors? West side

Im following doctor Myhills protocol as best i can but i need more medical help to fill the gaps. Can anyone recommend anyone, preferably in Brisbanes western suburbs that could help? Preferably not a huge wait-list and not too expensive. I was even thinking of finding a smart, open minded...
  9. D

cfs/ thryoid/ armour question

thanks for the replies guys. i started taking iodine prior to taking amour. i take a lot of vit and min. the cort was an unpleasent reaction but i found vit c helped immensely!!! i take it with mag and b vit when stressed and makes a huge difference. that and chromium. re the thryoid. my doc...
  10. D

cfs/ thryoid/ armour question

Had CFS for 15 years. I have a high tsh and low fluctuating body temperature. Was prescribed armour (and hyrdocortisone) expecting it to help as have all the symptoms of hypothyroidism/ adrenal fatgiue. hyrdocortisone just made me really jittery (and a low dose was useless) but armour made...
  11. D

Noise sensitve - easily woken

hi, what do you mean by "back to the dial set to high theory" ? Are you also following dr myhills protocol? thats the basis of my treatment. Ive tried many other docs and hers just makes sense to me. I just recently cut out wpi protein and fruit juices (of which i drink A LOT-i started drinking...
  12. D

Noise sensitve - easily woken

How many of you guys are really noise sensitive and wake up at sudden, loud noises and cant get back to sleep? Ive been sick for 15 years, hit a really bad stage, have worked my way back up shaking off many unpleasant symptoms, but i cant seem to shake this one just yet. Ive tried ear plugs and...
  13. D

Whey protein--hypoglycemia?

Im wondering if the whey protein ive been taking for many, many years has been affecting me. I cut it out 4 weeks ago and was so sick for the first 4 days. Since then, my hypoglycemia is far worse. I was wondering if perhaps it has a similar effect as sugar on your liver in terms of its...
  14. D

How many times do I have to hear this?

graded exericse has helped me immensely. it so important for me to maintain a decent level if fitness while im receovering, but by no means is it the cure! its just one of many lifestyle things that help me- like good sleep, low stress etc- while you're working out the cfs jigsaw puzzle. by...
  15. D

CFS Tests: Metametrix etc

Ive had cfs for 15 years. I was thinking of getting some metametrix tests done on the recommendation of a doctor who used to treat cfs. Has anyone had any experience with these? They are very expensive so i have to be careful as im on a pension. He recommended that TRIAD but im not sure as ive...
  16. D

how to explain ME/CFS to people

I just say i am recovering from glandular fever. Most people know how long and hard that can be in some instances and therefore can normally relate. If they ask for how long, depending on the person, i may or may not tell the truth. Ive been lying and manipulating moronic doctors to get specific...