• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. C

Two great documentaries

I believe, as do many GWI/CFS researchers, that there is a 100% correlation between GWS and the CFS/ME epidemic. Two great documentaries relevant to CFS sufferers: 1) "Beyond Treason" http://www.beyondtreason.com about Gulf War Illnesses - 2min trailer (bottom left of site) 2) "House of...
  2. C

CFS and Oxidative Stress

This is a really good article about CFS and oxidative stress. There are dozens more if you simply google: "CFS and oxidative stress." http://chronicfatigue.about.com/b/2012/02/02/oxidative-stress-in-chronic-fatigue\-syndrome.htm When Luc Montagnier won the Nobel Prize for his discovery of...
  3. C

Comment by 'cfsboston' in 'Book Review: The Origins of AIDS by Jacques Pepin'

Jacques book would be good, I suppose, if HIV was actually the cause of AIDS. Not even Luc Montagnier (who won the Nobel Prize for his HIV discovery) believes HIV can do all the things that the US/UK claims it can.
  4. C

Comment by 'cfsboston' in 'My Opinion on Conspiracies'

Bravo! You are definitely someone who understands that there is a difference between "conspiratorial theories" and "conspiratorial facts!"
  5. C

Do I have CFS, ME, ICL, or AIDS?

"A disturbing announcement was made at the July 1992 international AIDS conference held in Amsterdam: Several people with symptoms of AIDS, but who had no evidence of infection with either HIV-1 or HIV-2 (the viruses generally believed, at the time, to cause AIDS), had been identified by the...
  6. C

http://www.autoimmune.com/Non-HIVAIDSGen.html Idiopathic CD4+ T-lymphocytopenia, or ICL, is an immunodeficiency syndrome in which human immunodeficiency virus, or HIV, cannot be detected. Because HIV is the causative agent of acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS), ICL can be referred to...
  7. C

I am not the author. That is why I sourced it. I happen to like #48 the best. My ICL medical file is one undisputable fact, and it currently sits that the intersection of both political paradigms (CFS, AIDS). Neither CFS nor AIDS are diseases. You are right...because I am a CFS/NON-HIV...
  8. C

HIV causing AIDS is unproven theory. Actually being that I am a HIV-Negative AIDS patient, my case shatters HIV-->AIDS theory...and is the reason why so many scientists want my blood. I have been blogging about it for years. This is a good award-winning documentary on the HIV/AIDS...
  9. C

I forgot to mention that... I've always understood that retroviruses are not cytotoxic; they do not kill cells. I don't see how any retrovirus (like xmrv) can be the cause of any Immune Deficiency Syndrome (like CFIDS). My blood has been to CDC-Atlanta twice now, and I know that I have no...
  10. C

Comment by 'cfsboston' in 'New retrovirus: HIAP-II'

I forgot to mention that... I've always understood that retroviruses are not cytotoxic; they do not kill cells. I don't see how any retrovirus (like xmrv) can be the cause of any Immune Deficiency Syndrome (like CFIDS). HIV (another retrovirus) causing AIDS is unproven theory. Actually...
  11. C

New retrovirus: HIAP-II

My blood has been to CDC-Atlanta twice now. Facilitated by the United Nations, I have been out of the USA twice now to meet with Nobel-awarded scientist(s). My blood has been to Path labs in Washington, DC and a 100 other scientific places. In a conversation I had, with the Head of CDC's...
  12. C

New retrovirus, HIAP-II Source: http://www.autoimmune.com/Non-HIVAIDSTest.html Idiopathic CD4+ T-lymphocytopenia, or Non-HIV AIDS, is associated with a patented retroviral particle called Human Intracisternal A-Type Particle-Type II, or HIAP-II. Autoimmune Technologies is developing viral...
  13. C

Stealth Virus Application to CFS Ever seen this research? HHV-8 is thought to be a major AIDS/CFS smoking gun. It should be front page news that HHV-8 has been found in CFS. "Prevalence in the cerebrospinal fluid of the following infectious agents in a cohort of 12 CFS subjects: human...
  14. C

Untrue. Anyone in Africa who presents to a doctor with symptoms (of basically anything) gets diagnosed an AIDS patient; HIV+ is not even a prerequisite. So an African could die of TB or a mosquito bite and their death would be ICD-coded as AIDS. AIDS (political paradigm) will get funded...
  15. C

America's Biggest Cover-Up: 50 More Things ... CFS And Its Link to AIDS

By Neenyah Ostrom Source: http://www.fms-help.com/aids.htm Table of Contents Foreword 1. Some CFS Patients May Be "Non-HIV AIDS" Cases 2. A Virus Found In AIDS Patients Is Found In CFS Patients With Brain Lesions And May Be The Primary Attacker Of The Immune System 3. HHV-6...
  16. C

America's Biggest Cover-Up: 50 More Things ...CFS And Its Link To AIDS by Neenyah Ostrom Source: http://www.fms-help.com/aids.htm Table of Contents Foreword 1. Some CFS Patients May Be "Non-HIV AIDS" Cases 2. A Virus Found In AIDS Patients Is Found In CFS Patients With Brain...
  17. C

All conditions deserve funding. I agree, and would never argue otherwise. HIV is not the cause of AIDS, however. So all funding to HIV needs be halted, and re-allocated to CFS/AIDS research. So, it is righteous and deserving to put these two figures up against one another...
  18. C

Nice work, Alex. I also emailed Racaniello directly. At least his article is a start, although not entirely acccurate.... Neither CFS nor AIDS are diseases. A syndrome is a syndrome, not a disease. ME is a disease, just like MS or malaria. It's not just a technically. Great that you...
  19. C

DEAR CONGRESSMAN - SAMPLE LETTER Here's a sample letter to send to U.S. Senators and Congressional Representatives. Please feel free to edit as you see fit. Since they are gov't reps, they do not have separate email addresses so you'll have to copy and paste your letter into their online...
  20. C

Thanks! You must have read my first letter on the AIDS forums: http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SideEffects/Q160149.html I got really sick, really fast, and I suspect portal-of-entry (male to female sexual transmission) was a huge factor. I also suspect that whatever the pathogen is its...
  21. C

DEAR CONGRESSMAN - SAMPLE LETTER

Here's a sample letter to send to U.S. Senators and Congressional Representatives. Please feel free to edit as you see fit. Since they are government representatives, they do not have separate email addresses so you'll have to copy and paste your letter into their online contact forms...
  22. C

Any otherwise perfectly healthy HIV+ person that is: 1) symptomatic, 2) is better on ARV's, or 3) is severely immunosuppressed (AIDS)... ...is yet another CFS patient. Simply rename CFS, ME, and AIDS all to be "low natural killer cell disease" and everyone would very clearly see that...
  23. C

Show me the $$$ ($3.1B vs. $6M) How do you feel about how your tax money was spent last year? NIH-Sponsored HIV/AIDS funding (2011) = $3,086,000,000 NIH-Sponsored CFS Research (2011) = $6,000,000 Source: http://report.nih.gov/rcdc/categories/ Perfectly healthly HIV+ people...
  24. C

CFSgate is AIDSgate.

I am a CFS/ICL/Non-HIV AIDS patient. I remain infuriated by my government's betrayal of her people. Most CFS patients believe that their government has their best interest at heart, and sadly that is entirely untrue. So, to a lesser extent, I remain bothered that CFS patients' do not...
  25. C

CFSgate is AIDSgate. I am a CFS/ICL/Non-HIV AIDS patient. I remain infuriated by my government's betrayal of her people. Most CFS patients believe that their government has their best interest at heart, and sadly that is entirely untrue. So, to a lesser extent, I remain bothered that CFS...
  26. C

Comment by 'cfsboston' in 'CFS, ME, & AIDS: Syndrome vs. Disease'

CFIDS is a syndrome. CFS is a syndrome. AIDS is a syndrome. A syndrome is a syndrome. ME is a disease. If you are diagnosed CFIDS or CFS, you might argue that you should have a ME diagnosis. And, you're probably right, but until a doctor diagnoses you with ME you have a syndrome...
  27. C

Thanks Lisann. I am familiar with Lab257 (Plum Island). Sadly, it's not theory or conspiracy. Michael Carroll's book is non-fiction: http://www.amazon.com/Lab-257-Disturbing-Governments-Laboratory/dp/0060011416 I am an ICL patient. Although I am ICD-coded a CFS patient, the words never...
  28. C

CFS is a syndrome. A syndrome is a syndrome before it gets named a disease. I was diagnosed ICL. It wasn't until much later that they dumped me into a ICD bucket, CFS. I rarely if ever refer to my diagnosis as CFS (it's stupidest thing I have ever heard). I don't really subscribe to the...
  29. C

CFS, ME, & AIDS: Syndrome vs. Disease

It took me years to get over this first hurdle, as I was so brainwashed. If others can get beyond this hurdle too, I believe that we (as CFS patients) can get to the funding faster. Chronic Fatigue Immune Deficiency Syndrome (CFIDS/CFS) is not a disease. CFS, as its name suggests, is a...
  30. C

Comment by 'cfsboston' in '7 Steps --> $$$ for CFS/ME'

This is one of the best articles I have ever read re: CFS, GWS, & vaccines: http://www.ei-resource.org/illness-information/environmental-illnesses/gulf-war-syndrome/