• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. G

Article: Stars Not Aligning Any More: CFS NIH Grant Panel (SEP) Reverts, McClure on Board

Hey Leela Would do it if I were up to the job. :In bed: Also it does leave us open to the finger pointers who might lead other less informed people to think we are nutters.
  2. G

Article: Stars Not Aligning Any More: CFS NIH Grant Panel (SEP) Reverts, McClure on Board

People like you my freind told me I was looney when I wrote comments telling them it looked like the worlds economy was going to be deliberately collapsed about 18 months before it happened. There were things happening like the removal of the uptick rule a 70 year old law introduced after the...
  3. G

Yup Yup. Jail for Wesley and that is being merciful. McClure would be minding her manners and leaving us alone if there were enforcable penalties for destroying people's lives.
  4. G

Yup Yup. Jail for Wesley and that is being merciful. McClure would be minding her manners and leaving us alone if their were enforcable penalties for destroying people's lives.
  5. G

Thanks for the suggestion. When I was 19 I was desperate for some help and support and went to one of these groups. I was quickly told we didn't discuss our personal tradgedies because it was too negative. I have since been back a couple of times and called people in the societies but never got...
  6. G

"they are already deploying huge mobile units* for use at stadiums and large events, and smaller ones for bus stations." Thanks for that Leela. Boycot the events, boycot the bus stations if you can. It does seem a bit futile unless we can get the whole population to protest. That might swing...
  7. G

I would be very worried about those body scanners they are inserting at airports around the world. No one is even talking about danger from radiation. Are they being used to sterilize people? Are they being used to deliver a dose of radiation that might give a percentage of people cancer and...
  8. G

I wonder if people like McClure have any consience whatsoever. She is a purveyor of bullshit and has been inserted to stymie any real research into XMRV and CFS. Makes you wonder what she is trying to put a stop to and why. Is it just the greed of multinational health insurers or something more...
  9. G

Article: Treatment the UK way - the ME Association's ME/CFS Treatment Survey

This is the message on firefox. "HTTP Error 504: Gateway Timeout The server, while acting as a gateway or proxy, did not receive a timely response from the upstream server it accessed in attempting to complete the request."
  10. G

Article: Treatment the UK way - the ME Association's ME/CFS Treatment Survey

Hello Cort and everyone Can anyone tell me what's going on with the XMRV Buzz page? I can access "forums.aboutmecfs.org" but not any pages on"aboutmecfs.org". I just keep getting the message that my connection is waiting for the site to load and then it eventually times out. I live in...
  11. G

ERV (Scienceblog.com)'s take on CDC's paper....and Alter's paper's review process...

Countering Erv's Misinformation Over the years absolute rubbish has been touted about our horrible illness and it is now regarded as fact by many professionals and the general population.:Retro frown: In the earlier years when not so many people were on the net we had no way of countering...
  12. G

FDA and NIH confirm WPI XMRV findings (report of leaked presentation)

Hello George "There are currently 12 studies linking XMRV and CFS that are being held." I hope you are right George. If you post a link to that video that would be cool. Funny, they didn't "hold" the negative though studies did they. Although they are apparantly holding the latest...
  13. G

FDA and NIH confirm WPI XMRV findings (report of leaked presentation)

This will be an attempt to shut down research I think. After all Cfs doesnt threaten a large part of the male population. They will confirm a prostate cancer link if there is one. Lets say our prayers cause we are going to need a miracle here. These people are completely money/politico...
  14. G

Anti-XMRV Blog -New post

Hello Dipic I have read ERV and Ive just looked at those couple of paragraphs. There is some validity to what she has said but I think if antiretrovirals are not used in a dangerous manner then the patients have a right to try them. In the meantime Erv will ensure that further research is...
  15. G

Anti-XMRV Blog -New post

Thanks Esther I should have read the whole thread but came in from a link. You are most likely right about google. I feel abit silly after reading the rest of the thread but like many of us reading is often more than I can manage. I've made myself quite ill reading the last few pages and will...
  16. G

Anti-XMRV Blog -New post

ERV I want to make some comments about ERV that I have tried to post to her blog but have not been published. 1st Erv is one of the only bloggers on science blogs who does not reveal their identity. Erv says Erv is female but we have no proof of this. 2nd - The identity thing could be...
  17. G

XMRV Article in Chicago Tribune and other papers

Beware - Pharmaceutical and Health Insurers Are Corrupt http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR7V-rCTnjw Here's a video that might interest you all. Its about how Bayer ( makers of Aspirin ) in the US were forced to withdraw a batch of factor 8 becuase it was contaminated with HIV and...
  18. G

Article: A Light in the Darkness: Good News Ahead for XMRV?

Thanks Marteen Ive just done a search but didnt find an answer so I'll just have to keep looking I guess. Ive been following XMRV pretty closely on the web and Corts Forum for a while now. Has anyone already posted on this? Im pretty sick so it was hard even writing that comment but for me...
  19. G

Article: A Light in the Darkness: Good News Ahead for XMRV?

Light Bands Not Considered +ve Hey this new study is great news but I have one concern. I'm don't have a scientific background so its likely to be unfounded. Anyone who knows better prey tell. Dr Singh has found XMRV in tissue samples i.e. prostate samples and these tests are of blood. A...
  20. G

The Fight is on...Imperial College XMRV Study

Don't Count On That Sorry Heres A video of Robert Kenedy Junior speaking about what happened to the Verstratin studyabout links between Autism and Thimersol. He details how the original study was convienietly lost because the data was so clear that vacinations were strongly coralated with...
  21. G

Study Of CFS Deaths Show Patients Died 25 years earlier than Usual Annette Whittemore speaks about a small study of desceased CFS patients showing everyday causes such as heart disease and cancer but the 100 patiients in this study died on average 25 years younger than normal...
  22. G

McClure Pushes Propaganda Hi All Am new here and I hope you can find a laugh in this serious comment about my observations of the McClure media propaganda and the Imperial College Study. I read an articles and a comment on this debate this morning that pretty well confirms to me in...