• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

Testing Negative for Lyme - Could It Be A False Negative?

Anyone able to read Ignex Western Blot tests? I cannot get the ordering physician to interpret mine. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Ignex panel results were as follows: (Lyme IgM Western Blot) IGENEX IGM RESULTS NEGATIVE CDC/NYS RESULTS NEGATIVE 18kDa - **23-25 kDa - 28kDa - 30kDa...
  2. M

not sure where to post this..ignex testing for lyme..have seen post about it

Anyone able to read Ignex Western Blot tests? I cannot get the ordering physician to interpret mine. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Ignex panel results were as follows: (Lyme IgM Western Blot) IGENEX IGM RESULTS NEGATIVE CDC/NYS RESULTS NEGATIVE 18kDa - **23-25 kDa - 28kDa - 30kDa...
  3. M

what is C4A?

Anyone able to read Ignex Western Blot tests? I cannot get the ordering physician to interpret mine. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Ignex panel results were as follows: (Lyme IgM Western Blot) IGENEX IGM RESULTS NEGATIVE CDC/NYS RESULTS NEGATIVE 18kDa...
  4. M

what is C4A?

Anyone experienced several episodes of muscle twitching/leg cramps along with itchy skin, a sense of something crawling on you and your hands going numb? My hands are almost always ice cold for some reason and I have no history of poor circulation. Above symptoms are really pronounced when I...
  5. M

what is C4A?

Thanks for your reply. When your C4a was at 67,000 did you have any symptoms? How about at 15,000? Any exposure to mold? Any symptoms now? I have numerous neurological problems that change all the time. We did have our house remediated for mold as one of our shower pans was leaking. I basically...
  6. M

what is C4A?

Anyone have any idea why C4a blood test results fluctuate? Is C4a an indicator of Lyme disease or mold exposure? 8-1-2011 19,097 8-24-2011 73,350 (done twice in one month) 9-21-2011 13,155 12-7-2011 54,637
  7. M

what is C4A?

Rich- Thanks for the info. I'll have to do some more research but I need to move rather quickly as my body is starting to hurt in areas it never hurt before.
  8. M

Ritchie c. Shoemaker, m.d.

Hello Cassandra68- Are you feeling any better? I'm in California looking for a doctor that will do Dr. Shoemaker's protocol as my C4a is over 71,000 presently. Are you reading/using Shoemaker's Surviving Mold book and using the protocol? I have never been so sick in my life!
  9. M

what is C4A?

Rich- Spoke to my physician's assistant today as I had to inquire about Dr. Shoemakers notes from the conference. I found out that it can be drawn at either facility but prefers to have it pulled at his establishment and sent to Denver. Doctor is treating me for Stage 3 Lyme but after reading...
  10. M

what is C4A?

Rich- I was told by two doctors that while Quest Diagnostics may be the leader, it isn't for C4a or Lyme testing. The place to have the blood sent to is the National Jewish Medical and Research Center in Denver. If you do any research online on Quest and Lyme, their is just too high of a margin...
  11. M

what is C4A?

Very high c4a level Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. My C4a is over 71,000 and I must admit, I feel lousy. At one point is was at 28,000 and within three weeks jumped to over 71k. I'm a 43 yrs old male, thin, don't drink or smoke (boring, I know) generally in good health. I'm was on...