• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. vortex

ME/CFS patient goes into remission after taking "elixir of youth" GDF11

GDF11 dosing is tricky and unusual. If you watch one of many steve perry youtube videos he will tell you how to do it. You take the dose daily and then all of a sudden at about 2-3 months you will hit a wall and you have to stop taking it. He calls it downregulation but your body essentially...
  2. vortex

Thymosin Alpha 1

I started thymosin alpha 1, first day 250mcg, notice a slight boost in energy but nothing else. So I tried the full daily dose of 500mcg and noticed even better energy for several hours then got hit with a herx from it which put me in bed for several painful hours. I am skipping it for a couple...
  3. vortex

Negative reaction to glutathione?

I did a glutathione IV, which normally is 1,400mg pushed in rapidly. But I tried 300mg in a slow drip bag and ended up passing out, the doc had to give me dextrose from the crash cart. Anyway, the next day I was in tremendous pain and my kidneys had swollen up and went to the hospital for kidney...
  4. vortex

Why NMN and NR is not curing our CFS?

Btw, I sure miss Rich. I never got a chance to thank him for changing my life. I have been doing the methylation protocol for 6 years and it has gotten me from being bedridden to about 80% recovered. I was a difficult case, I have had cfs for 25 years. I was horribly toxic from having low...
  5. vortex

Sorry for the confusion, I should have made it clear I already take methylfolate and my comment meant to take extra methylfolate OVER AND ABOVE what I am already taking to compensate for the inhibition caused by the NAD. I should have made that clear and did not mean to imply that I was asking...
  6. vortex

Alex, At first I thought maybe your first point may have some validity and worthy of discussion but when you drifted and said "Its unclear if treating methylation will help"? You obviously havent spent much time on the methylation forum, besides I didnt ask if treating methylation will help. So...
  7. vortex

@Mary Did you try NAD as in oral precursors or IV NAD? I am still trying to get more data on the difference in effects of both. I am wondering if you can use ones reaction to oral to determine if IV NAD is going to work. Also, do you have MTHFR?
  8. vortex

Niagen and methylation?

Well sure, there are several NMN products, were you not able to find any on amazon? I can search on there and post them if you need to. But please tell me more about the injections of NAD+ you are getting. Is it a slow drip in an IV bag I assume? I am impressed your doctor understand NAD and...
  9. vortex

Niagen and methylation?

Everything you read about Niagen/NMN etc. seems like it should be able to repair our mitochondria function. But since alot of us have mthfr and niagen/nmn is a nicotinamide/niacin molecule it will inhibit our methylation. Is there any work around? Is it possible to simply take extra...
  10. vortex

Lets talk NAD. It should be a miracle cure for us. Everything you read about NAD+ being able to fix mitochondria should cure us But I dont hear much success with it at least from people taking oral precursors. It just doesnt make sense. I have experimented with it and researched it alot...
  11. vortex

peroxynitrite more involved than realized ?

Ahh, my old thread seems to have been resurrected! For those wondering if you do indeed have excess peroxynitrite you can have your nitrotyrosine levels tested to see if they are elevated. This will give you a good indication if you have excess peroxynitrite. I spoke with an online testing...
  12. vortex

From brain fog to clarity in 30 minutes

@nanonug What is your dose of fursultiamine ? I found 50mg capsules but then see in the reviews that some people take 6-8 capsules (300-400mg) I also found this http://www.ergo-log.com/fursultiamine-stamina-strength.html "For practical applications, we recommend that athletes should consume...
  13. vortex

Rich Vank's Simplified Methylation Protocol Poll

I only see the results, I wonder if I voted on it already many years ago ?
  14. vortex

Where is the poll? I will take it. Link?
  15. vortex

Is anyone here using MitoSynergy copper?

Thats your reason is that the body has copper 2? Lets back up here, copper in food is copper 1, so should a copper supplement mimic what is native in our diet or what is in our blood?
  16. vortex

mito copper is not copper and ribose and vitamin C, not sure where you read that. They tell you it is copper bonded to niacin
  17. vortex

What facebook groups are people talking about this in? I would like to do some research on it.
  18. vortex

Questions on Quiksilver IMD Powder

I know this is an old thread, but my thoughts are, why not use chlorella instead which will bind mercury in the gut?
  19. vortex

Where did everyone go??

It seems like the amount of posts and traffic in here has really slowed down over the past year. Have people abandoned the methylation protocol? Are they Cured and moved on with life? Went somewhere else like fb group or something?
  20. vortex

High Methionine and low Taurine?

I am taking b-right with additional metylfolate booster. I do take 25mg p5p also at night. I think I am going to add DMG to plug up my bhmt which I have double snps's on bhmt-2,4,8! thanks for your help.
  21. vortex

High Methionine and low Taurine?

I am on the methylation protocol and re-ran the HDRI panel and it is showing high methionine and low taurine. I attached my results, can anyone suggest what I need to do to balance these?
  22. vortex

Methylation calmness ?

ugh a year later I found my post again. I am trapped in some sort of time warp loop. I have been taking 1mg a day for years, but wondering why I stopped taking 5mg. if I was feeling so calm. Oh, well I guess I will ramp back up to 5mg. I wonder if you ever not have to go through...
  23. vortex

nitrotyrosine on methylation panel?

4 years later and I understand alot more about this. Has anyone had their nitrotyrosine levels tested that they can share?
  24. vortex

Wow, thanks for the update Sushi. So did it help your fatigue or any other symptoms of how you feel? I am definitely feeling better. Slowly but surely. I have been sick for 30 years.
  25. vortex

Has anyone followed their glutathione levels from a methylation panel from HDRI ? I have been on the protocol for a couple of years, my reduced glutathione is just coming into normal range. 3.8 umol/l from HDRI. I started at 3.2 and now at 3.8. Neil Nathan test study showed normal levels...
  26. vortex

First try at Active Protocol and have questions.

If I saw glutathione levels as low as yours I would suspect MTHFR, it would explain everything. I looked through all your posts but dont see you mentioned your status anywhere?
  27. vortex

will taking niacin everyday stop you from progressing on methylation protocol?

@Freddd Can I take extended release niacin everyday or will it shut down my methylation? I overmethylate easily and often need to take niacin, sometimes I forget and get caught while I am out of the house and dont have it. I am wondering if I can just take niacin everyday just to make sure I...
  28. vortex

Methylfolate Lowering Blood Pressure

My blood pressure has been doing the opposite, it keeps goi g up and up and I am not sure what to do, if I stop taking the methylfolate I crash, but if I take it my pressure goes up. I do have triple bhmt homo snps including bhmt-8 I wonder if that is causing it, too much bypass or shortcut. I...
  29. vortex

Live Blood under the microscope: interesting

This guy seals the slide in oil, to keep it from drying out
  30. vortex

High or low iron and ferritin

Infections cause inflammation and apparently the inflammation causes the high ferritin. google ferritin and inflammation.