• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

Dr. Cheney comments on the XMRV workshop

This is Dr. Cheney's quote: However, the virus was found more or less in every organ, at least initially, and thought to be carried around the body in T-cells and B-cells during the active phase of infection. This is consistent with the ubiquitous nature of the Xpr1 receptor used by the virus...
  2. M

Dr. Alter Paper embargo ends today at 3:00pm, press conference today

What is a telebriefing? ETA: bad brainfog, telephone briefing of course.
  3. M

News from WPI symposium: Name change to be proposed for XMRV

My source said things reported here and also Aug 23rd for paper.
  4. M

XMRV Positive(Latent)Negative(Active)

I think I read on this forum that not everyone had abnormal Rnasel that tested positive for XMRV in the study, but I have long stopped being able to find stuff on here, so I am not even positive about that. Good questions, but I do not know the answer to your other questions, but maybe someone will.
  5. M

XMRV Positive(Latent)Negative(Active)

Lurking and first post here. As explained to me by someone in regards to XMRV: Latent can mean two things with retroviruses, it can be incorporated into the DNA and silent or it can be expressing viral proteins, such as envelope protein or gag protein. It can be expressing other viral proteins...