• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. T

Lady Mar writes to Prof Wessely

I don't understand the revelance either, Barb! Hopefully someone will explain.
  2. T

Dr Sarah Myhill faces another GMC Hearing

On October 4, 2012, a warning was place on the "Fitness to Practise" section of Dr Myhill's GMC registry, effective until October 3, 2017. It states: "On Dr Myhill's website she made statements in relation to contraception and breast cancer screening that were factually incorrect; clinically...
  3. T

12:01am Tuesday, Special Episode of TWiV: Dr. Racaniello will post interview featuring Dr. Lipkin

Definitely worth a listen to this TWiV! Dr Lipton is very candid and supportive of Mikovits!
  4. T

12:01am Tuesday, Special Episode of TWiV: Dr. Racaniello will post interview featuring Dr. Lipkin

Dr Racaniello's TWiV is up and working now! http://www.twiv.tv/2012/09/18/twiv-special-a-paradigm-for-pathogen-de-discovery/
  5. T

Lipkin bad news folks

Yeah, I think they are having technical difficulties with the TWiV. It's not up on Racaniello's Podcast on ITunes either.
  6. T

Lipkin bad news folks

Maybe because Lipkin was not involved in the XMRV/prostate cancer studies and he does not want to make public statements about his opinion. Lipkin seems to have a lot of respect for other researcher's work (as seen with Mikovits) and if he has doubts about their XMRV/prostate CA findings, maybe...
  7. T

Lipkin XMRV study to be released June 30th

The time of the TWiV episode has been changed to 12 noon on September 18th but the study results will still be published at 12:01 a.m. in the online journal mBio, right? Is the mBio online journal public access so we will still be able to read the results late tonight at 1201 am?
  8. T

Maybe Dr Racaniello and Dr Lipkin just want to sit down and discuss the results of this research without the media being there. Maybe they wanted a more casual setting than a press conference so they can convey the findings in a manner more easily understood by the public and patients. I'm sure...
  9. T

Dr. Andrew Wakefield is suing Brian Deer and BMJ's Fiona Godlee for defamation..

I have seen Dr Wakefield's name mentioned on this forum, so I thought I'd post this in case people are interested. I apologize if this has already been posted elsewhere. So far, I have not seen any articles written yet about Andrew Wakefield's defamation suit filed against Brian Deer and the...
  10. T

Article: IACFS/ME Ottawa CFS Conference Reports. XMRV I: XMRV's Big Test - The Blood Working Group S

Thanks for keeping it real, Cort and providing factual clarity. A lot of misinformation being posted on the blogs and forums which does not help any of us.
  11. T

Judy Mikovits has been arrested

Yes! Its sad that the work at WPI that started out as a research team effort (Lombardi et al) seems to have become so divided. There are probably many factors that led the WPI working relationships to deteriorate to where they are fighting over cell lines. In fighting seems to have replaced...
  12. T

A statement made today on the Whittemore Peterson Institute Facebook wall states: "We are thankful that most of our property has been returned." So it looks like Judy's arrest did result in locating at least most of the items gone missing from WPI. You are right about this unfortunate mess...
  13. T

Yes! If the cell lines from Japan were addressed to Lombardi then they should have been delivered to Lombardi. I don't understand Judy's claim that it would be unethical for Lombardi to use them. Lombardi's name is listed on the Science paper (Lombardi et al) along with Judy's and that research...
  14. T

I have read several posts written by Cort and I never got the impression he was taking sides. It's not his fault that the Chicago Tribune reporter chose to use that one brief quote. Besides Cort is entitled to his opinion just like all of us. If JM is innocent then she will be vindicated. I've...
  15. T

The Chicago Tribune writes that JM is charged with two felonies: possession of stolen property and conspiracy by the University of Nevada police! Yikes!
  16. T

17. T

I agree that this has drastically escalated so obviously there is more going on than we know! It almost seems like there must be some kind of Federal involvement for a judge to grant such aggressive criminal arrest actions on what began as a civil law suit. But you are right ...the Whittemores...
  18. T

I have to agree with urbantravels! It seems some are quick to villianize the WPI ...as if their goal is simply to defame and demoralize Mikovits. I think it is important to remember that all this negative attention hurts WPI just as much as Mikovits and I doubt WPI would pursue this lawsuit if...