• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. N

Healthy until contracted ME/CFS?

I've had ME for almost 45 years. It has been relapsing and remitting. Your description of your level of activity, justy, matches mine. I had periods of intense activity that never quite made me feel as fit as I expected. I looked fabulous, but didn't feel fabulous. I was always at about 80-85%...
  2. N

Healthy until contracted ME/CFS?

I had allergies and migraines, but no other health problems as a kid. I bounced back from childhood illnesses and I had them all...mumps, measles, chickenpox, German measles, etc. ME was sudden for me and I went from being robust and active to being very ill literally overnight. I had an acute...
  3. N

Disability Benefits Not Enough

For people in the U.S., there are options if you can do a little work. It took me a while to find something that worked for me and I made a few mistakes along the way. I did, eventually, find that I could do the same type of work I used to do (I'm an art therapist), on a reduced schedule, and...