• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

Anyone on beta glucans/immiflex?

Hello - well, I started taking it today and I felt a difference straight away. It's definitely doing something - although it wasn't entirely pleasant - felt like being a bit overstimulated, and I have a bit of a headache, although I have been having that anyway. It's probably just the body...
  2. M

Thanks, Chris - do you mind telling me - what kinds of symptoms did it help you with? Thanks. :) I think I am going to try this anyway, but curious as to what to expect.
  3. M

Hi - I am thinking of trying this as part of my protocol: http://www.facebook.com/pages/ImmiFlex-Beta-Glucan/167169054614?v=info http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beta-glucan Anyone have any solid positive experience with this type of thing? I don't have many "immune"ish symptoms, but have...
  4. M

Tinnitus

Hi. I wanted to know how many other people have tinnitus as part of their ME/CFS? I have it and it's been constant since I became very ill. It varies - gets a bit quieter when I am feeling better and louder when I am feeling worse. It is definitely a good predictor of how I feel generally with...
  5. M

Question on the Simplified Treatment Approach

Hi Rich - thanks for your response. That is very helpful. I am definitely doing much better on the Q10 + glutathione etc and I just started thyroxine and think it's helping even more. My life really has totally changed in 4 months. I do try to understand everything I am taking but I confess not...
  6. M

Sauna

I have a FIR sauna and it's amazing. It also wasn't THAT expensive - a few hundred pounds - I think someone mentioned a figure of 2000 dollars! I was skeptical before I actually tried it. It does tire me out - as I get chest pain I have to be careful with it, but I have learned to use it...
  7. M

Vitamin D

I take 2,000 IU D3 every day as part of my treatment protocol, which is working really well! In the summer I try to get light on my skin also, but it's hard in the winter. D2 is also in one of my other supplements. I have read a lot of great things about taking D3 anyway even if you are not...
  8. M

Rooibus "tea"

I've got some but haven't tried it yet. I usually have peppermint and licorice root - amazing. I didn't know that roobios was meant to be relaxing and sedating... did you find it more relaxing and sedating than other teas? I have crazy sleep problems and am on diazepam - in combination with two...
  9. M

Any contact with Asia before the onset of ME/CFS?

Yes, absolutely. I got sick after getting glandular fever when I was 17 but had almost completely recovered. This was almost 10 years ago. 2 years ago I went to Japan healthy. I came down with a food-poisoning type thing in Japan, but it was a weird kind of food poisoning - I wasn't sick that...
  10. M

Question on the Simplified Treatment Approach

Hello. I am new here and don't really know much about many of the discussion topics! I just discovered this board and it's fantastic. Anyway I do try to keep up in some way with treatments/advice etc but it's hard to take it all in. I am on Dr Myhill's protocol and have been on it for about 4...