• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. G

Xpr1 is an Atypical G-protein Coupled Receptor that Mediates Xenotropic and ...

I'll have to look into this more, as I haven't really thought about the possibility of global deregulation of cAMP / Ca2+ in the context of our work. What we're seeing seems to be very cell-type specific, i.e. only neurons are affected. I've only considered cAMP in terms of it being the second...
  2. G

hey Alex, is any of that published? I'd love to read it.
  3. G

We honestly have no idea if systemic administration of forskolin would have a positive effect in an xeno / polytropic retrovirus-infected organism, especially given that the drug would be hitting all sorts of unaffected tissues and cells. Our work is preliminary and there is no direct evidence...
  4. G

Just saw it on XGA facebook Kati, that's awesome! I'm Andy btw, you guys don't have to call refer to my handle. ;)
  5. G

Well, larger DNA viruses like HSV have somewhat different methods of cell entry. I think the main receptor for HSV is Heparin. But it could interact with Xpr1, who knows?
  6. G

Hmmm... Well, at least the initial toxicity is independent of the immune system. In an organism, there very well may be an immune component involved, but that remains to be seen. We'd really like to take this work into animal models and try to answer some of those questions!
  7. G

Yes, that's a correct interpretation. We think it likely explains the neurological disease in mice cause by various MLVs, and we think that disease could likely be treated / prevented by restoring cAMP-mediated Xpr1 signaling. If a similiar disease exists / were to arise in humans, it follows...
  8. G

If I may put in my two cents here, now that the paper is published... While the XMRV / CFS connection hasn't held up particularly well, and we (Dusty & I) were indeed attacked some months back on various forums, I'm still pleased with how our work has panned out. We've described an entirely...