• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. sianrecovery

Recent Bullseye, prescribed doxy - it is the best abx for the job?

Hi guys, I found what looked like a bite behind my knee a few days ago. Earlier in the week, I had developed hives, was super itchy, the joints in my hands had swollen, and was lethargic and brain fogged. I saw a doctor who prescribed three weeks of doxy at 200 mg a day. I live in North...
  2. sianrecovery

Bullseye or not?

That's a helpful shot, thank you! I did see a doctor, who reckoned it was a bullseye, and prescribed three weeks of doxy. I also have symptoms that certainly are reminiscent of lyme, which I first contracted ten years ago.
  3. sianrecovery

Bullseye or not?

Hi Christian, aw, thanks for your good wishes. Doc reckoned it was a bullseye, and prescribed three weeks of doxy. I've had lyme before, and am very down to face to it again, given what a torturous journey I've had with the first infection. I have swollen joints, hives, lethargy and nausea so...
  4. sianrecovery

Bullseye or not?

Thanks Judee. The doc reckoned it was a bullseye, and prescribed three weeks of doxy. I also have swollen joints, lethargy, hives, and nausea. Whatever it is, my body isn't happy about it.
  5. sianrecovery

Bullseye or not?

Good advice, thank you! The doc reckoned it was lyme and prescribed three weeks of doxy. Fingers crossed...
  6. sianrecovery

Bullseye or not?

Hi everyone, I had lyme and babesia before, but never had a bullseye rash. I found this behind my knee today. I live in an area where lyme is endemic, and I also have a dog.
  7. sianrecovery

Interferon Treatment

Hi Robert, I've also PMed you. Interferon restored my health to an extent, though it did leave a long-term legacy of fatigue. I am a person in long-term recovery, and many of my contemporaries with Hep C have also done interferon/ribavirin. They have experienced a wide variety of responses...
  8. sianrecovery

Symptoms of a wet macular bleed - one time to seek help swiftly

I've posted this in the Lyme section too - and am also posting it here because of the potential for a wet macular bleed to strike anyone. We get used to managing our illness - but sudden changes in vision always deserve a swift response. I nearly left getting help too late because years of ME...
  9. sianrecovery

Dr Myhill Calls For The GMC To Investigate The Pace Authors, But Doubts Its Fitness To Do So

OK guys. I'm wearing my flak vest. Let's have it. If its possible to keep the commentary to feedback, critical or otherwise, rather than personal attack, that would obviously be very welcome.
  10. sianrecovery

Dr. Myhill On PACE and MAIMES - remake - thanks for your feedback

She's prepared to go live speculating, and I'm prepared to put it out there in that form. She's risking her career, as she has done many times, and that's her decision.
  11. sianrecovery

It's in the copy beneath the clip on the youtube site, but you make a great point - I will see if we can do another end piece screen shot. Thanks!
  12. sianrecovery

Hi guys, Thank you all so much for your feedback on the first version of this clip. I realise that the people that disliked it the first time round will still probably do so, but I think we ironed out the factual inaccuracies re. PACE, thanks to your input. Below is the link to the 2nd...
  13. sianrecovery

Video by Dr Myhill: Time to stop the abuse of CFS patients

Thanks Alex - have gathered them from this and am refilming it xx
  14. sianrecovery

Thanks very much for your kind help. Refilming! Xxxx
  15. sianrecovery

I am seeing her to film again today, and will clarify that point.
  16. sianrecovery

It's been a very useful and instructive thread for me, and I thank you for your thoughts. Going to refilm the piece taking on board the feedback. Will post it in here when it's done.
  17. sianrecovery

Natural Health Worldwide - Dr. Myhill's Latest Move

Not sure if this is the right forum, but in deference to all the people that kindly took the time to post in the MAIMES thread, I thought it made most sense here. When the GMC were investigating Dr. Myhill, many patients sent contributions toward her defence. She never spent these, but...
  18. sianrecovery

That is an excellent point - much of what Dr. Myhill has suggested or tried over the years is similar to (or inspired by) other doctors in the field. But if it's her talking about it, someone its automatically 'lunatic fringe'. Guess its a car of giving someone a reputation and never letting...
  19. sianrecovery

thanks Snowdrop, will flag corrections in the copy beneath the clip xx
  20. sianrecovery

Please do message me with the errors and I can put a correction in the copy beneath the clip that acknowledges them if you have the energy. No worries if not, I will try and find them. We filmed several clips with her in one afternoon, and the MAIMES one was the last one. I think she was...
  21. sianrecovery

You are completely entitled to your opinion. I have been her patient for some years, and to me, she seems sane, caring and clinically competent. When I met her, I was largely bed bound. I'm not cured by any means, but I can now drive, work to an extent, and have some kind of life. I don't think...
  22. sianrecovery

funny you should say that, I've just had a big biscuit use-up. And they were chocolate biscuits too...;)
  23. sianrecovery

I'm fine with criticism of my filming - I want to improve. And thanks for the factual corrections, we have put them in the copy, and I will more carefully fact check the next clips I film. Dr. Myhill made these pieces at my request; she's not trying to put herself forward as a spokesperson for...
  24. sianrecovery

Thank you so much for saying what I wasn't eloquent enough to say myself. Dr. Myhill is as far as I know the only practising UK doc who will stand up and say that ME is an illness, not a psychological problem. And that has to mean something.
  25. sianrecovery

Exactly so. I did a clip when we started the channel on CFS and shame, and I deliberately used the hated CFS title because that was the diagnosis my friend who I was discussing lived and died with, and where so many people start from when they begin investigating the condition post-diagnosis.
  26. sianrecovery

I will definitely feed that back to her, thanks!
  27. sianrecovery

I think the point that Dr. Myhill was trying to make was perhaps that admitting how often people's working conditions led them into ME could prompt a rethink of how firefighters, farmers, airline crew, soldiers, people who work metals such as in the steel industry, and many, many aspects of the...
  28. sianrecovery

I have deleted my response to Barb, which was based on frustration, and unhelpful. I'm sorry you don't find the clip of use. But I don't regret making it, and I believe MAIMES has the chance to really raise the level of public consciousness of the farce of ME treatment in the UK. I understand Dr...
  29. sianrecovery

Interesting thread for me this. I filmed it. I asked Sarah if she wanted to do a playlist for my youtube channel, and as someone who has been her patient and believes I owe much of my current ability to function to her treatment, I thought it would be an interesting playlist. You're right - its...