• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. V

CFS and colonic inertia?

Thanks so much Rich. What a lot to go through. Bless you. With your surgery it was life threatening so you didn't have much choice and this is so for people with your condition and severe crohns etc. My friend has severe crohns and has no large intestine and a bag and it was a life saver for her...
  2. V

CFS and colonic inertia?

Then again ...what if the colonic inertia is causing a lot of the M.E symptoms. It is a bit more drastic a condition than just everyday consipation. Surely having an immobile bowel would cause tiredness/ headaches/aches and pains? It's a double edged sword isn't it?
  3. V

CFS and colonic inertia?

thanks again for the replies. As some of these things are not in the UK i will have to look them up as I am not familar with them. Rich..I hope this isn't to personal but how often would you think I might be going to teh loo afterwards...will it be a case of always wondering where the nearest...
  4. V

CFS and colonic inertia?

Hi there. Thanks for the replies. I think I have tried just about everything. All laxatives diet etc. I basically have to take laxatives most days and use glycerin suppostories to go and can spend all day in the loo and am bloated tired etc. My surgeon does say that in 95% of cases that people...
  5. V

CFS and colonic inertia?

Hi I am in the uk and found this on a google search. I have ME/CFS and have also been diagnosed with colonic inertia and wondered if the two were connected. Bascially the bowel has given up and the surgeons here have suggested I have it removed..a subtotal colectomy, where the large intestine is...
  6. V

Gastroparesis/Delayed Stomach Emptying and Colonic Inertia

Hi I am in the uk and found this on a google search. I have ME/CFS and have also been diagnosed with colonic inertia and wondered if the two were connected. Bascially the bowel has given up and the surgeons here have suggested I have it removed..a subtotal colectomy, where the large intestine is...